Any Sky Technicians on here?

Alpe Mcfc

I have Sky multiroom and both are connected to same dish, the one upstairs is playing up. Its saying "No signa is being recieved" and a number 25 on all channels and even the music on tv guide is crackling but the one downstairs is fine!

Any suggestions

Alpe Mcfc said:
I have Sky multiroom and both are connected to same dish, the one upstairs is playing up. Its saying "No signa is being recieved" and a number 25 on all channels and even the music on tv guide is crackling but the one downstairs is fine!

Any suggestions

Have you tried unplugging it from the mains for 1minute.That seems to sort out most of Skys problems.

i have sky in 3 roomz which i setup myself. right firstly try rebooting system n check connections at the back. 9 out of 10 its usually the sky cable. try fiddle with it. ensure its screwd on. if still no luck then my guess its the LnB on your dish. There should be 4 connections on the LnB. the one u r havin prob with will need lookin at. use a ladder ofvourse n be very careful.

If none of that works:

Press 'Services' and choose 'System Setup'

Press 0 then 1 then Select. This opens the Engineers menu.

Go to Full System Reset and press Select. Be warned though, if this is a Sky+ box, you will lose all of your recordings!

Let it reset itself, and it will turn itself off.

Wait about a minute, and then turn it on.

Viola, problems should (ahem....may) be fixed. Saved yourself £80 too.

if none of the above work it will be one side of the lnb will have gone down, (they're cheap lnb's and break a lot) or cable/connector problem. you will be able to buy a new lnb from grax trafford park, (if its still open) and stick it on yourself if you have to pay for a sky service call, its dead easy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.