Any telephone engineers out there

abu13

Team supported
Gods own
Long story short, i need an additional phone socket or two putting in the living room so i can move my router for the WIFI. I need to be able to connect the TV box to the router by an ethanet cable, the only phone point i have downstairs is in the hallway about 10 metres away from the TV.

Rather than try and bodge up an extension myself i'd rather have a proper job done so it all looks tidy afterwards.

Can anyone advise a company to use or even better if there is a fellow bluemooner who is in this line of work.

Long story short, i need an additional phone socket or two putting in the living room so i can move my router for the WIFI. I need to be able to connect the TV box to the router by an ethanet cable, the only phone point i have downstairs is in the hallway about 10 metres away from the TV.

Rather than try and bodge up an extension myself i'd rather have a proper job done so it all looks tidy afterwards.

Can anyone advise a company to use or even better if there is a fellow bluemooner who is in this line of work.
Just get a powerline kit. About £20.

More stability and quicker down speeds
I suppose if on normal broadband there may be an argument for it, say for download speeds under 10mb, where wifi and other users take the speed nearer to the min speeds for streaming. Just seems extra cost for little gain otherwise.

I suppose if on normal broadband there may be an argument for it, say for download speeds under 10mb, where wifi and other users take the speed nearer to the min speeds for streaming. Just seems extra cost for little gain otherwise.
I get around 30mb extra hardwired and that's on fibre, didn't realise he was taking about a bt box, he only mentioned that after my post haha

I get around 30mb extra hardwired and that's on fibre, didn't realise he was taking about a bt box, he only mentioned that after my post haha
It depends on where your router is, I guess. I get 70mb wired, 50 wireless so yes, there's a gain. Just don't think the extra 20 would be worth the cost of powerline adapters for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.