Anybody lose a parent young ?

My dad died in 1966 when i was four and the youngest of eleven
My mum brought us up.on her own.
It’s all the things you miss out with no Dad, like you playing football/ cricket at school and every other kids Dads there
Even not being driven anywhere as Mum couldn’t drive so it was bus everywhere
Strong females back then !

I'm 46 and i lost mine nearly 3 years back,obviously not exactly young but too young.....life hasn't been the same since,there's a huge void and an emptiness,especially at times like Christmas or even when you just need that unique advice.

I'm 46 and i lost mine nearly 3 years back,obviously not exactly young but too young.....life hasn't been the same since,there's a huge void and an emptiness,especially at times like Christmas or even when you just need that unique advice.

I can relate to that. Mine died at 61.

My mums mum died when she was 3 and it has had a profound affect on her life I think.

My old feller died when I was 19 quite suddenly; Took me a long time to deal with it properly. Was still functional but a bit of an emotional wreck for oooh 10 years. Take the time you need.

No Daz, i thank my lucky stars every day my family is mainly healthy. We have a large family and the odds of no premature deaths or serious illness in any of us is something i am really grateful for.

I am so sorry you had to experience that mate, i can't possibly begin to know how you feel from it. I do know fucked up though bud, just not on that scale.

My main and probably only true regret in life is fucking off on my own for so long and missing 15 years or so of her life. Thankfully the old bird is still going strong. Now i aim to be around her as much as i can before the fussing over me becomes to much and i need to go and be my slobbish self again.

The fear of loss i admit freely terrifies me beyond what i could ever articulate. If i could somehow get a set age i was going to die, i would half it and if possible give one half to my dog. I will be totally lost when he leaves me, he is my constant companion and best mate. I work from home and order .com shopping so he really is with me 24/7. If he does that thing where they stop breathing whilst snoring for a few seconds i can be fast asleep but something wakes me and i nudge him and watch him like a hawk until he nods back off.

I have no idea how i will cope with the loss of a family member. In some way maybe a fear getting to close to them again due to the pain i know i will feel?. Life is harsh!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.