Anyone a bouncer?

tidyman said:
Blue Note said:
Found most of them to be egotistical knobs in my experiences.

In my experience, some people seem to always find doormen knobheads, who always have a problem with them for no reason whatsoever.

Other people seem to find the vast majority reasonable blokes, just trying to do a job, with as little drama as possible.

Not sure what conclusion can be drawn from that?

I know someone has to do the job I bet the vast majority if doormen are good guys who do the job properly, and yes they get a lot of unnecessary crap with guys trying I act hard.

I don't know if it's just the bars/areas I frequent but I have witnessed many times how they can't wait for it to kick off. Not saying all like that though.

njmcfc1894 said:
Ive done the doors for 15 years and we dont set the dress code, manager of pub/club does.
Yes, but bouncers typically enforce it very selectively. I've never failed to see someone get refused for wearing trainers, only to see plenty of people in trainers when I get inside. I've also never seen a club that actually displays its dress code outside the club so that you know before standing in a queue for 15 minutes that you're not dressed properly. I find the whole concept of a dress code to down Jagerbombs to be pretentious shit anyway, but if you're going to have one, be upfront about it. There's nothing more annoying than spending half your night trying to find your friends because half of you got into the club and half of you didn't. Or spending money to get into a club, only to have to leave again because one of your group was further back in the queue and didn't get in.

I've had every excuse in town from No Girl No Entry through to there being too many of us. I vividly recall one disaster around Christmas because we weren't Students. Just young men turned away from 42's (Bouncers walking down the queue ejecting people in advance), Mutz Nutz and 5th Ave. I ended up giving up and going home in a Taxi.

We'll generally stick to the late bars now and finish off around Midnight or 1am because Clubs are so irritating.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.