Anyone else a bit fed up of football?

The constant rule changes are ruining the game. My pet peeve is the offside flag.

If it’s tight and you’re not sure, then see if something comes of it. If not, leave it. If so, VAR takes care of it.

If it’s not tight, why on earth do we have to watch a player run 20-30m to touch the ball or challenge for it before flag goes up...20-30m behind where he was ACTUALLY offside? It’s stupidity, and someone is going to get injured chasing or challenging for what should be a dead ball!

If a player is in an offside position, unless he makes clear he is not challenging for a ball (by either putting his hands up, turning away from the opponents goal, or even moving towards his own goal against the run of play...all explicit “I’m not involved in the play or trying to gain any advantage” actions), then the linesman should flag for offside.

And, don’t get me started with handball...! Either make ANY contact with the arm a handball, or go back and make it “intentional” (to include making yourself bigger to stop the ball). ALL contentious handballs in the penalty area...defensive: award a penalty or offensive: score a goal...should be reviewed pitchside by the referee, because games hinge on that call.

The pitch side monitor is VITAL, as it allows THE ONE AND ONLY REF to change his own decision, rather than being “over ruled” by some test in a room at Stockley Park!

That all seems ridiculously simple to me. What am I missing?!

You are missing the fact that PiGMOL's representatives not only being shite but wanting the chance to " interpret " what they view without having to publicly explain why they have arrived at their conclusion. In other words it " enables" corruption for certain clubs.

Transparency of the decisions made being transmitted to the spectators works perfectly well in rugby ( both codes ) and cricket but football is too resistent to this.

I could offer my thoughts on why, but it would be refuted by the rags/dippers

The game has become a little boring and predictable.

Funny that because the government wanted football back asap to cheer up the country. Yet the football we watch is bent. Most games arent exciting with one team parking the bus.
Rushed back so liverpool could win the league.
Liverpool fans than as a thank you ignored social distancing, left tonnes of litter outside Anfield and attacked the liver building, and attacked each other. And when liverpool mayor said this would happen got abuse from liverpool fans saying it wouldnt. When the whole world and its dog knew it would.
No one knows the handball rule.
VAR is bent.
Refs are bent.
Results decided before ko.
More like WWF.
Commentary is appalling
No fans
Pundits came behave badly ( like spit ) but stii keep their jobs.
Players diving and screaming with slightest touch.
Manpen utd get a penalty ever game.
Players playing to much without recovery time so an increase in injuries.
We are in tier 3 cant see family and friends yet footballers can fly around the world into different bubbles, attend weddings etc.

I dont think football has raised the moral of the country at all.

Now the cycling tours and one day classics were amazing races this year,

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.