Anyone got a multi-cooker?

I work in a kitchen,i have had an halogen cooker for maybe 10 years plus now,they are brilliant,you can see your food cooking,i always buy cheap ones ( £30-£35 ) ,they normally last 2 to 3 years ,but we use ours 2 or 3 times a day,they are a godsend.

Wife bought one from a shopping channel where the chef was cooking all sorts of gourmet food, anyway fast forward she got two, one for us and one for my mother. My mother burned her hand (She was 82 at the time) and my missus just ended up not using ours and put it in the shed with the rest of her impulsive buys.

Wife bought one from a shopping channel where the chef was cooking all sorts of gourmet food, anyway fast forward she got two, one for us and one for my mother. My mother burned her hand (She was 82 at the time) and my missus just ended up not using ours and put it in the shed with the rest of her impulsive buys.
Iv been using them for 10 years now,only problem iv found is they burn out quick,as in 2-3 years,but they r cheap,only use our conventional oven about once a month for a proper roast meal with veg etc
they cook bacon 5-10 minutes,pizzas the same burgers etcthey are economical.whatever temperature you set them at they are there within seconds unlike ovens.
iv recommended them to everyone i know but nobody seems to buy one ,my mum got one several years ago and didnt like/use it and gave it to me,still using it

I work in a kitchen,i have had an halogen cooker for maybe 10 years plus now,they are brilliant,you can see your food cooking,i always buy cheap ones ( £30-£35 ) ,they normally last 2 to 3 years ,but we use ours 2 or 3 times a day,they are a godsend.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/6982641
That looks interesting. Just thrown away my deep fat fryer & bought a cheap steamer to see how that goes.

You want to get an old pressure cooker,hours of fun of it whistling,spitting out burning steam at you and risking it blowing up every time you use it,those were the days lol
Hang on a minute Kaz. You sound like you're describing yourself there when you're posting on something emotive, particularly the dippers thread.

Just more steaming and venomous spitting than a cobra,and carragher combined, ya bitter blue boiler; )

That looks interesting. Just thrown away my deep fat fryer & bought a cheap steamer to see how that goes.

Think you need an airfryer rather than a steamer to replace a fat fryer mate unless you like soggy chips lol.

The wife has gone through umpteen Tefal's, I'm sure they're made to breakdown as I'm sick of replacing parts, it's like having Triggers brush.

Best one I've had and I've had it for years in work which is used daily by all and sundry is a Duronic air fryer from amazon, cooks just about anything and is built like a tank.

Think you need an airfryer rather than a steamer to replace a fat fryer mate unless you like soggy chips lol.

The wife has gone through umpteen Tefal's, I'm sure they're made to breakdown as I'm sick of replacing parts, it's like having Triggers brush.

Best one I've had and I've had it for years in work which is used daily by all and sundry is a Duronic air fryer from amazon, cooks just about anything and is built like a tank.
I don't want a fryer which is why I got rid of my deep fat fryer. I bought a cheap steamer to try it out and if that works (and the couple of things I've done have been OK so far) then I'll go for something more advanced.

I don't want a fryer which is why I got rid of my deep fat fryer. I bought a cheap steamer to try it out and if that works (and the couple of things I've done have been OK so far) then I'll go for something more advanced.

Steamers are great and healthy but the first thing that springs to mind when I think of deep fryers are chips and the like.
The healthy alternative to them are 'air fryers' that use a minimal amount (teaspoon) of oil but still have a great taste, I use mine for chicken, bacon, grilled tomatoes, even cheese on toast etc that cannot be cooked in a steamer.

When it comes to veg and fish then steamers all the way, but if you want a healthier option than deep frying something then I can't recommend Air fryers enough PB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.