Anyone know anything about FSAVCs?

Manc in London

My dad has a couple of small pensions - one through his current employer and another through a previous employer.

He seems to think he has an FSAVC. However, he has not kept any details about his pensions. I can't be sure he even has an FSAVC. Someone has told him that if he is in a FSAVC, he needs to opt-out.

A couple of questions, how could he find out if he is in an FSAVC (I would have thought payroll at his current employer)? If he is in a FSAVC, how would he go about opting out?

Any help would be much appreciated.

They stand for Free Standing Additional Voluntary contribution and were payments made into pension plans usually by people who were members of final salary pension schemes as a way of topping up their pension benefits. The Free Standing bit though meant that in general these payments were made by the employee into a a pension of their choice and as such the employer is unlikely to have details.

In terms of tracing it may just be a case of
Looking through old paperwork or bank statements as the payment is likely to have come from the bank rather than payroll.

If you don't get anywhere I am sure there will be firms you can find online who will search for old pensions for you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.