Anyone know the guy in the Family Stand who berates early leavers?

Or, if you want to scream and swear, don't go to family stand. My brother's kid, 7 years old, gets in tears as soon as he asks him if he would go to the football match, because he got shit scarred by some utter morons around us few weeks ago. Mind you, no family stands here, so it could even be said "don't take them", but when you have it, then it should be appreciated and let kids and families enjoy the match without some aggressive knob sitting next to you. There is a time and place for everything and family stand should be family stand and not the place where you act as in pub. People buy season tickets there most probably to avoid that kind of language and atmosphere, s it should be respected and if someone is not able to control themselves, he should buy a ticket in different stand.
You're right in a sense in regard to threats and aggressive behaviour, that's in no way acceptable but equally it's a game of football, shouting and screaming is all part of the atmosphere. If a 7 year gets upset by that then I'm not being funny but they need to toughen up, there's plenty of kids up in SS3 of a similar age who aren't fussed at all, they must be very sheltered.

Once again you missing the point. He was on his feet more or less from KO not just at it. The guy behind whose kids couldn’t see left it for around 15 minutes before asking him politely to sit down. After a load of abuse and threats to this guy he continued to stand and scream abuse before having a go at a couple in front.

He was a lowlife twat who within 30 minutes of a new season in his new seat for it managed to upset everyone around him.

If you think that he is a victim & that you would react in the same way as him then I know what sort of person you are.
You didn't mention that in your original posts, I'm not a mind reader. If I missed it fair play, I apologise and he is a bellend.

You're right in a sense in regard to threats and aggressive behaviour, that's in no way acceptable but equally it's a game of football, shouting and screaming is all part of the atmosphere. If a 7 year gets upset by that then I'm not being funny but they need to toughen up, there's plenty of kids up in SS3 of a similar age who aren't fussed at all, they must be very sheltered.

Or they live in families where swearing and that kind of atmosphere is normal. Anyway, I do agree pretty much, football matches are generally not for kids of that age and in most cases, they're better to watch them on TV, but if there's family stand, thought about just to give that matchday experience for kids and families, then I'm sorry, if you're about to act as lunatic, go to some other stand.

I am 42, I go to football matches and obviously don't get scared to cry like borther's lad, but I'd probably go to much more matches if it wasn't to some of the language around me when I'm there. We're "blessed" here with such a big spectre of swearing, I am OK with fuck off, shit etc.. but when I hear someone screaming to the player or ref "I fuck your dead mother", "i fuck your kid", I don't feel comfortable at all. It's not part of football thing, it's plain savagery and I find myself asking why the fuck I am doing this to myself to stand there with people like that, I wouldn't want to link myself with such profile in any other form of daily life.

Last edited:
It's not acceptable behaviour in a stand dedicated to families. I'm in the south stand and there are kids there and people shout and swear, myself included, but that is advertised as our staunch home end where it may get a bit more boisterous ( The clubs words not mine ) so if people choose to take kids in there it cones with the territory. I have no idea why he doesn't move there or elsewhere. If he has chosen the family stand he has to adhere to the standards for that area, whether his kid isn't fazed by his behaviour or not.

I for one don't understand early leavers that don't have a reason like baby due, going to work, even I left early a month or so ago because of a wedding to go to. To me going just to get out early all seems pointless.

As much as it frustrates I would not dream of abusing people, ok we hear the fire drill digs now and again but shout and abuse isn't acceptable especially in the family stand where there are kids. Old hat me and apart from the odd swear word by accident I wont swear in front of children. And im a belt your heart out singer in 115

Or they live in families where swearing and that kind of atmosphere is normal. Anyway, I do agree pretty much, football matches are generally not for kids of that age and in most cases, they're better to watch them on TV, but if there's family stand, thought about just to give that matchday experience for kids and families, then I'm sorry, if you're about to act as lunatic, go to some other stand.

I am 42, I go to football matches and obviously don't get scared to cry like borther's lad, but I'd probably go to much more matches if it wasn't to some of the language around me when I'm there. We're "blessed" here with such a big spectre of swearing, I am OK with fuck off, shit etc.. but when I hear someone screaming to the player or ref "I fuck your dead mother", "i fuck your kid", I don't feel comfortable at all. It's not part of football thing, it's plain savagery and I find myself asking why the fuck I am doing this to myself to stand there with people like that, I wouldn't want to link myself with such profile in any other form of daily life.
Thats truly shocking BB and I`m afraid that I could not tolerate that sort of shit and would definitely tell him to shut the fuck up,irrespective of the consequences.

Can we not have the leave early debate again. It's been done to death.
For the first time in ages I left early on Saturday because I really needed to go for a wee. Felt guilty because I didn't get permission from the clock-watchers.

I think a lot of those at the front also go early if it's been raining (which it rarely does in Manchester, of course). They're particularly exposed down at the front and it's easy to forget that in the sheltered and warmer parts higher up, plus those nearer the exits don't have the wait to ascend the stairs. I usually am able to wait behind and applaud the team off, which I like doing, but also because I get claustrophobic in large crowds so would hate to be stuck on the steps with people pushing from behind.

Are you the guy who asked me to stop calling the referee a cvnt against Chelsea because there were "ladies" within earshot ? If you are sort yourself out you feeble fucker ;-)

I've been going for a number of years and have on occasion left early. I really do not see why people get so angered by others and their decision to go early, no one has any idea what circumstances people have on that specific day or in general. I pay to go to the games i attend, i will damn well arrive and leave when i want to. It is of course better if people stay to the end but that doesn't give anyone the right to threaten or insult those who decide to go early, needs reporting ASAP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.