Anyone know there Cricket, if so..

His line and length, when it came to this his accuracy was so deadly, and thats all he did, bowled line and length, line and length, add to that when he needed to vary, he did so perfectly, which is why he ended up with 563 test wickets, add to the fair few he took in ODI's also

He was able to expose a slope on any pitch and bowled deceptively fast.

When he got an oppenent out he would often use the same technique on him again (Michael Atherton)

Your 6 fingered club foot banjo playing friend lovestokehatewiley

S.E.H said:
His line and length, when it came to this his accuracy was so deadly, and thats all he did, bowled line and length, line and length, add to that when he needed to vary, he did so perfectly, which is why he ended up with 563 test wickets, add to the fair few he took in ODI's also

This. He also exploited the Batsman's weaknesses and was always consistent.

In Football terms Elano is probably more talented than fat Frank. But who would you rather have??

Cheers lads, always wondered, deceptivly fast seems a good way to describe him. Amazingly i dont need to know why Shane Warne was good, the unplayable ball says everything!!

big tall fella so i didnt matter how quick he was. he always had perfect line and length and made batters struggle with the height. consistency in his bowling length and line was amazing and it made batters mad that they wernt scoring runs off him so it would force them to play silly shots.

he also was able to get decent swing which is also a handfull for any batter.

His consistency was the key - always hitting the top of off or just outside which made the batsmen play. A little but of away swing and he was laughing.

There is a sledging match between McGrath and Sarwan of the Windies. It used to be on youtube but it seems to have been removed - I presume because McGrath`s wife has since died. Sarwan didn`t know that she was ill at the time.

McGrath to Ramnaresh Sarwan: "So what does Brian Lara's d*ck taste like?" Sarwan: "I don't know. Ask your wife." McGrath (losing it): "If you ever effing mention my wife again, I'll F*ing rip your F*fing throat out."

he wasnt medium pace mate.slowed down slightly to be more on balance,so more accurate,so better technically,so,less strain on ankles/knees and lasted a few more years than he should.
he was well up there with the pace till quite late on in career.

LoveStokeHateWiley said:
He was able to expose a slope on any pitch and bowled deceptively fast.

When he got an oppenent out he would often use the same technique on him again (Michael Atherton)

Your 6 fingered club foot banjo playing friend lovestokehatewiley
I bet you can bowl a mean finger spin eh mate. ;)

Can't add a huge amount to what's been said except I have always thought he got more movement off the seam than through the air.

Hell of a competitior.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.