Anyone recommend me 4K tv?

QLED is still LCD with a Quantum dot filter in front for better colours. Still has most LCD problems.
OLED is self emitting tech meaning it can go totally black with no grey glow/viewing angle problems.

For gaming i would actually go LCD/LED/QLED as the colours will still pop and you won't have problems with screen burn with hours of static images.

For the best image though, go OLED. Care needs to be taken with excessive static images, otherwise the picture will blow you away.

I've recently bought a LG OLED C7 4k (£1500) and it is simply the best image possible. The blacks and colours are stunning. 4k HDR footage (including UHD footy) is mind bending.
Cheers mate..where did you purchase yours from?..and what do you mean il be blown away by excessive static images? Is that a good thing?lol

As far as I'm aware OLED is better for dark colours and QLED for brights. I have an OLED (mainly used for gaming and films) and would recommend to anyone. I haven't seen a QLED in the flesh so can't speak from experience, only what I've read and heard.

This is the best explantion I've seen so hopefully it helps you. https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/qled-vs-oled-tv/

Two things I would say are to prioritise quality over quantity, i.e. picture over size and most importantly don't rush into the decision. Good luck with your search.
Thanks buddy!

Good find...what’s the difference between QLed vs Oled....lol....not bloody easy buying a new tele these days lol...
Basically, most LED TVs (including QLED) have a backlight, meaning that every pixel is always lit up. OLED TVs only light up the pixels they need to, meaning that black is the same black that you'd get if the screen was off. That means far deeper contrast than a normal TV. And generally when people see two TVs side by side, they will always pick the one with the greater contrast as the better image quality. I was in a shop the other day, and I genuinely couldn't tell which was 1080p and which was 4K without looking at the labels, but I noticed the OLED TVs easily. OLEDs are much better, but obviously that's why they cost twice as much.

One suggestion though is that a QLED TV would be better in a very bright environment because it can get brighter at the top end.

Personally though, I'd just go into a shop and have a look. Be honest and if you can't notice any difference, then don't pay the extra money because of what it says on some label.

Here's an article.

One thing that might be useful for gamers is that the OLED screen has a far faster response time.

Basically, most LED TVs (including QLED) have a backlight, meaning that every pixel is always lit up. OLED TVs only light up the pixels they need to, meaning that black is the same black that you'd get if the screen was off. That means far deeper contrast than a normal TV. And generally when people see two TVs side by side, they will always pick the one with the greater contrast as the better image quality. I was in a shop the other day, and I genuinely couldn't tell which was 1080p and which was 4K without looking at the labels, but I noticed the OLED TVs easily. OLEDs are much better, but obviously that's why they cost twice as much.

One suggestion though is that a QLED TV would be better in a very bright environment because it can get brighter at the top end.
Interesting..thanks man..appreciate that.i think I want an OLED now lol

Cheers mate..where did you purchase yours from?..and what do you mean il be blown away by excessive static images? Is that a good thing?lol

I mean you have to be careful with static images in gaming and SKY news banners constantly displaying the same graphics or image etc.
Over time these can wear the the pattern into a permanent image that will show when viewing other stuff. Hence why i was saying if you constantly game LCD/LED/QLED might be a better option.

As for the blown away bit, OLED 's have a great feature that they can show true black parts of the picture whilst still showing bright bits. This means the image and colours leap off the screen even if they ultimately won't be as bright as an LCD screen.
During very dark scenes (like in Star wars) the black are true inky black. LCDs tend to be dark grey and have the back light showing through in different parts of the screen. If you watch a OLED in total darkness, you cannot see the screen until the image appears.

Basically, try to get a proper demo of OLED! (ie not Currys)
I bought from Richer sounds, and they can organise a proper demo...

All the above descriptors of lcd qled and oled are bang on the money.
The qled is a brilliant sales name from the Samsung stable but in essence it's still an lcd backlit set.
Nothing wrong with that.The high end lcd's are incredible and improving by the year.
QLED is quantum dot techology and is totally different than the modus operandi of oled's.
They utilise nanoparticles that enhance the colour gamut.

The higher end LCD sets incorporate FALD which is full array local dimming achieving higher contrast ratios than edge lit sets can.
Fact of the matter is that the oled (organic light emitting diods) do not use any backlights but fire independently of each other creating their own light source.This is why the OLEDS can be wafer thin.I will add that unlike an LCD no matter what viewing angle you look the picture remains the same and pin sharp with no degradation.

Technology has raced ahead so fast it's hard to keep pace except to say the LCD has come of age distancing from the older ccfl's like my Sony which incidentally is still going strong after 12 years but weighs a ton and is not exactly thin.
OLED and LCD have much to offer and it's a case of horses for courses in what you plumb for.
There are plus minuses and interesting's to evaluate for both so do your research and decide what it is you actually want from the set.

Here is a brilliantly absobing read with loads of information helping you the consumer make that all important'e choice

https://gizmodo.com/which-is-a-better-tv-screen-lcd-or-oled-1732313764

Just to piss on the chips further Hisense are now using their own buzzword terminology called Uled(ultra light emitting diode ..haha.
So to recap before you all have a brain freeze it's all about Oled Uled Qled : /

If anyone has an OLED I feel sure they will praise it's picture quality.
I can definatly see the difference between it's HD source and a 4k ultra HD feed.It's incredible truly it is.
I watched a free film off the Amazonion Prime people about Dolphins and if any one has seen it they will understand what I am saying.
It is the most mind blowing thing I have ever viewed.I actually shook with emotion.

To conclude the future is looking absolutely amazing and I for one have no penchant to play in snow or sledge down hills with all this loveliness going on indoors.Adios.

Edited for atrotious spelling and composition:

Last edited by a moderator:
All the above descriptors of lcd qled and oled are bang on the money.
The qled is a brilliant sales name from the Samsung stable but in essence it's still an lcd backlit set.
Nothing wrong with that.The high end lcd's are incredible and improving by the year.
QLED is quantum dot techology and is totally different than the modus operandi of oled's.
They utilise nanoparticles that enhance the colour gamut.

The higher end LCD sets incorperate FALD which is full array local dimming acheving higher contrast ratios than edge lits sets can.
Fact of the matter is that the oled (organic light emitting diods) do not use any backlights but fire indipendantly of each other creating their own light source.This is why the oleds can be wafer thin.I will add that unlike an lcd no matter what viewing angle you look at the set from the picture remains exactly the same and pin sharp with no degridation.

Tecnology has raced ahead so fast it's hard to keep pace except to say the lcd has come of age distancing from the older ccfl's like my Sony which incidently is still going strong after 12 years but weighs a ton and is not exactly thin.
OLED and LCD have much to offer and it's a case of horses for courses in what you all plumb for.
There are plus minuses and interestings to evalnuate for both so do your research and decide what it is you actually want from the set.

Here is a brilliantly absobing read with loads of info to glean helping you the consumer make that all important'e choice

https://gizmodo.com/which-is-a-better-tv-screen-lcd-or-oled-1732313764

Just to piss on the chips further Hisense are now useing their own buzzword terminology called Uled(ultra light emiting diode ..haha.
So to recap before you all have a brain freeze it's all about Oled Uled Qled : /

If anyone has an OLED I feel sure they will praise it's picture quality.
I can definatly see the difference between it's hd source and a 4k ultra hd feed.It's incredible truly it is.
I watched a free film off the Amazonion Prime people about Dolphins and if any ones seen it then they will understand what I am saying.
It is the most mind blowing thing I have ever witnessed.I actually shook with emotion.

To conclude the future is looking absolutely amazing and I for one have no penchant to play in the snow or sledge down a hill on my arse with all this loveliness going on inside.Adios.
Fantastic read,thanks Taxi,appreciate that.

I’m looking for a TV for my bedroom. Something standard will do. 24 inch or so. Is anyone in the business and fancies some trade? Any other recommendations welcome otherwise it’s something off the shelf from Asda.

Me? My first 42" plasma cost £7,000 in 2001. Probably £10k+ in today's money. It wasn't even HD!
I remember seeing the first plasma in Harrods in 98 it was £12k! New tech always costs a lot but TVs are overpriced at the moment, I’ll go full 4k OLED in around 2 years when prices will drop significantly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.