Anyone remember... Wrexham 6 City 1 friendly 1996

i went around then for a friendly, 3pm on a midweek day. Cant remember score though and was probably only couple of hundred City, same for them. big nose didnt score though. Wiki says he was there 98/99.
I know he was there officially in 98/99 but this was a testimonial and they had guest players. Chris Armstrong was playing for Spurs at the time but he played for them.

I know he was there officially in 98/99 but this was a testimonial and they had guest players. Chris Armstrong was playing for Spurs at the time but he played for them.
Yea he single handedly destroyed us that day, remember going just to see Buster.

I have it on good authority that Gary Bennett scored a hat trick for Wrexham that day with Lee Jones and Chris Armstrong scoring the other 3 between them. Can’t recall which of them scored twice and which only the once but Ian Rush was not a goalscorer of any of their 6.

Ian Rush never scored any goals for Wrexham, in his short time there (one season)
There were about 50 City fans at this game.

Ian Rush never scored any goals for Wrexham, in his short time there (one season)

Thats what i call hardcore. It bodes the question, Was you there at Wrexham,when the sixth went in ? "

Last edited:
My word, I know that, but that was the 98/99 season. We’re talking about a testimonial in 96 that he guest appeared in. I don’t think any goals that night would show in official records. And given that I was at the 0-0 at Maine Road and the 1-0 City won at the Racecourse on Boxing Day, I wouldn’t be asking if he scored against us that season anyway.

Thats what i call hardcore. It bodes the question, Was you there at Wrexham,when the sixth went in ? "
I was at the 6-1. My Mam and Dad had a caravan in Bala so me and my old man stayed there. We had tickets for the directors box. I was also there when we beat them 1-0. The true test because we were in our worst position ever before the match rather than after it like the York away match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.