Anyone see Caicedo against Barca?

He's become a quality player and would be scoring more goals for us than either Dzeko or Balotelli this season. His name isn't up in lights on football broadway though which seems more important to our club (and fans it seems!). He was terrific against Barca, Pique could barely handle him.

Caicedo is class, have always said it. He was younger than Balotelli when Hughes was playing him and he got a lot of unfair stick. Nearly got us through to the semi final of the uefa cup.

Mancini needs to keep hold of him, because another club in England WILL sign him up and he WILL score a lot of goals. He'll end up being a similar player to Drogba, quick fast strong good finishing.

Good player , happily have him as a replacement for Jo as fourth striker as he would put himself around more and looks as if he would score more goals.

Blue Elmo said:
Good player , happily have him as a replacement for Jo as fourth striker as he would put himself around more and looks as if he would score more goals.

If he played in England like he does in Spain, he'd be getting games ahead of Dzeko and Balotelli at the moment. He has a sharpness that never used to be there, I think it stems from losing a lot of weight.

Look at how quick he was to take advantage of this lapse between Valdes and Pique yesterday. He nearly did it again later in the game, Pique (rated as one of the best CBs in Europe) was struggling to handle him.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxdbMYHoyy0[/youtube]

de niro said:
Blue Haze said:
Scored a goal and troubled Pique with his speed and strength. Never got any service but still managed to create on his own. He should be our third option next year.

Got to be worth at least 10m. If it turns out we have given him to Levante for 1m and they turn around and sell him for 10x that amount, whoever at City was involved in that deal should be terminated. Why would we give an option in any contract to buy at a set price? That's illogical, as the loaning club can always renegotiate a lower fee if fair market value is lower.

i read this and immediately checked the date, no its not april the 1st so this guy actually means it.

weird.

Did you watch the match?

Caicedo actually jinked past Pique and he was forced to grab his shirt. Yellow carded. Pique couldn't handle him 1 on 1.

always thought he had potential but seemed big and clumsy, knew where the net was though and looking at footage he's lost a bit of weight and if he's still on our books then mancini needs to have a good look at him.

There seems to be a Caicedo thread every week on this forum. But yeah, we should keep him, hopefully he can do that again against Barcelona in the CL next year ;) .

nevilletogoater-in said:
Some people appear to have a different memory to the Caicedo that I remember. I remember him having a shit first touch, no pace and didn't know where the net was.

I seem to remember that a lot of people were glad to see the back of him.
No pace? That's one of his assets.

I think the Spanish League might suit him more as he is a very powerful player, and Spanish defenders aren't used to players like that.

I think he'd do really well playing in front of Silva and running on to his little angled passes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.