Anyone Think

JoeMercer'sWay

PM if interested in starting fan kit consultation
That if you retire from international football you shouldn't be allowed back?

I don't think it's right that Carragher can make no contribution to the side and then get in for the World Cup because he's "changed his mind" stopping somebody else who's worked hard and made himself available from going.

TheLegendOfBerti said:
That if you retire from international football you shouldn't be allowed back?

I don't think it's right that Carragher can make no contribution to the side and then get in for the World Cup because he's "changed his mind" stopping somebody else who's worked hard and made himself available from going.
wasn`t it callaghan from liverpool that was in the 66 squad and never got a recall for 12 years or something?

I partly agree with the sentiment.

But I think you have to look at why he retired in the first place, and one of the reasons was the manager at the time. By the same token, you might say that playing for your country is what matters, not who the manager is.

Also, if the present manager decides that Carragher is one of the best defenders he can call upon, he is entitled to pick him I suppose.

Football is full of egos, and that's what it boils down to I reckon.

Clevers said:
I heard Carragher say he had asked Capello to confirm that he wasn't taking the place of someone who contributed to qualifying, before accepting.

Well if he did ask that surely that has to be a contradiction, 23 places ,if Carragher goes someone misses out, but i guess he is scouse derr.

I genuinely don't care. He's a damned sight better than Wio and I wouldn't want to play for Sven or McClaren. Both clueless berks! Look at how Mexico were doing under Sven! McClaren seems to be doing better now though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.