anyone want a pounding on fifa?

As a Fifa player for several years, I'd like to know what level you guys all are, because as much as I love the game and as often as I play it, I still have so much trouble consistently winning games online. I'm happy with my skill at defense in the league, as I rarely concede more than 1 or 2, but I find it incredibly difficult to generate offense and score goals in the game. Basically, I'm the king of the 1-0 loss and have been hanging around the lowly level 13 for what seems like forever. 95% of every lobby I enter is filled with higher level players.

Obviously I play as City most of the time, but does anyone have any other (perhaps not obvious) clubs that you tend to do well with? I refuse to play as Real Madrid or scum, but I'm open to other possibilities.

Did any of you find that the game suddenly started to "click" with a certain a) team or b) formation?

Am I approaching offense with the wrong club/formations/players for my style? What "style" is the right style anyway? How do you guys score most of your goals? If it isn't a cross to header or a tapped pass over to an open man who one-times it in from 5 yards out, I rarely do.

I know this is a pissing contest thread about who's the best, but if anyone has any advice for a frustrated player, I'd love to hear it. In return, I'll let you beat the shit out of me online. PS3 username is green_pennies

thx.

green pennies said:
As a Fifa player for several years, I'd like to know what level you guys all are, because as much as I love the game and as often as I play it, I still have so much trouble consistently winning games online. I'm happy with my skill at defense in the league, as I rarely concede more than 1 or 2, but I find it incredibly difficult to generate offense and score goals in the game. Basically, I'm the king of the 1-0 loss and have been hanging around the lowly level 13 for what seems like forever. 95% of every lobby I enter is filled with higher level players.

Obviously I play as City most of the time, but does anyone have any other (perhaps not obvious) clubs that you tend to do well with? I refuse to play as Real Madrid or scum, but I'm open to other possibilities.

Did any of you find that the game suddenly started to "click" with a certain a) team or b) formation?

Am I approaching offense with the wrong club/formations/players for my style? What "style" is the right style anyway? How do you guys score most of your goals? If it isn't a cross to header or a tapped pass over to an open man who one-times it in from 5 yards out, I rarely do.

I know this is a pissing contest thread about who's the best, but if anyone has any advice for a frustrated player, I'd love to hear it. In return, I'll let you beat the shit out of me online. PS3 username is green_pennies

thx.

I'm level 28 with around about 4700 online rank points.

I only recently started winning all my matches by creating my own tactic instead of relying on the shitty original Fifa tactics. So I think the best adivce would be to create your own tactic that you can play with any team and you will always be comfortable with.
I usually play with City online but I also enjoy using lower teams like Cardiff Stoke etc. I recently began using this new formation when losing 1-0 and being stuck on level 19-20.

It comes up as 4-4-2 but is infact a 4 2 1 1 2

Hart

Kolarov Toure Kompany Richards
Barry De Jong
Yaya Toure
Silva
Tevez Dzeko

P.S: I hate people using Madrid and Barca (any of the other 5 star teams I'm fine with them using but I'll never use them myself)

If anyone uses Barca or Madrid I go out purposely to foul the shit out of them if/when I take a lead.

djelanomcfc said:
green pennies said:

thx.

I'm level 28 with around about 4700 online rank points.

I only recently started winning all my matches by creating my own tactic instead of relying on the shitty original Fifa tactics. So I think the best adivce would be to create your own tactic that you can play with any team and you will always be comfortable with.
I usually play with City online but I also enjoy using lower teams like Cardiff Stoke etc. I recently began using this new formation when losing 1-0 and being stuck on level 19-20.

It comes up as 4-4-2 but is infact a 4 2 1 1 2

Hart

Kolarov Toure Kompany Richards
Barry De Jong
Yaya Toure
Silva
Tevez Dzeko

P.S: I hate people using Madrid and Barca (any of the other 5 star teams I'm fine with them using but I'll never use them myself)

If anyone uses Barca or Madrid I go out purposely to foul the shit out of them if/when I take a lead.

Thanks for the response. By "create your own tactic" do you mean just picking a formation and learning how to play well within it? Or are there more ways to personalize your system that I am not taking advantage of?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.