Anyone watch boxing?

jacko8684

I go and watch a local lad from round our way ...Scott Quigg...
Were going to Stoke on the 19th for his next one...Hes under Ricky Hattons guidance and is doing really well...
anyone else go to these smaller boxing events, and if so, who do u go to watch??

Re: ANYONE GO N WATCH BOXING?

There's a fella on here who is Scott Quigg's cousin. I was talking to him about it a few weeks back, if he sees this I'm sure he'll let on who he is. Very highly rated, I wish him well.

I used to watch a lot of boxing while working but now on the dole it is harder to see the people I want to see fighting. I used to watch a lot of the amaturs over here in Dublin the standard has been sky high. Now there is a few ams who have turned pro who are doing very well 1 I want to watch is Carl Frampton he is managed by Barry McGuigan and seems to be the one to watch over here in Ireland in the next few years. Fights mainly up the North of the border I think he will be on the undercard of Paul McCloskey's next fight and depending were it is I will try to get to watch that.

Another I used to watch was Darren Sutherland he would of been a great chance of going all the way in the pros but he took his life went to his first 2 fights he was the best out of the Olympians who all turned pro around the same time.

Over here in 2 weeks time there is a Irish card on with 4 Irish titles up for grabs some decent fighters on the bill. Coleman Barrett is fighting he got KO'd by Audley Harrison in the final of prizefighter he is fighting Jeff Kenna's former Ireland international his brother for the Irish Heavyweight title.

Boxing is booming over here with the Irish fighters all fighting to a high standard. Brian Magee only won the Europen title at the weekend. So there is him , Macklin , McCloskey and even Martin Lindsey who will be in the mix for world title fights in the next 16 months.

Another I used to watch was Darren Sutherland he would of been a great chance of going all the way in the pros but he took his life went to his first 2 fights he was the best out of the Olympians who all turned pro around the same time.
Big shame that there.... He was gonna be very good...

jacko8684 said:
Big shame that there.... He was gonna be very good...

That lad could bang I remember his first fight the college were he went to was the venue the place was packed great night and the sound of the punches he was landing the noise of the shots he was banging in. I never heard that from other fighters on there 1st fight.

I am a good mate of Michael Jennings,tough little fighter from Chorley,getting towards the back of his career a bit now,but had some good nights watching the Chorley Lurcher.

Highlight for me has to be when he knocked out Jimmy Vincent,in first minute at Bolton Arena,half of Chorley was there and even though we paid £30 for tickets it was a great night for him to do the business so early.

Put it this way Amir Khan was on after Mick but the arena half emptied when he came on....we only went to see the Jennings...to see the Jennings

Good lad as well,but not really into his football,he is good mates with all the Manchester boxers as he trains there,Gomez being his best mate from the boxing circuit I would say

No never.Should really though,my Nephews lad has just got into the top 5 ranked Amatuer boxers in the U.K.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.