Applauding opposition goals

Think the one from recent memory that springs to mind is Townsend for Palace. Absolutely brilliant goal, couldn't help but admire it.

You can love City without loving the side. I can honestly say, I didn’t love Pearce’s side. And many before that.
I agree. My wife has been giving me so much grief of late about moving to a new house that I have been close to saying fuck off,long story for another day. But you can never say that about your club, born Blue and die Blue.The reason I love this forum is that there are many old buggers who know the bad times, who carried on with support.My sons have been taught about the pain of following City and understand. I just hope the next generation dont become like the rags, expecting and not hoping. Apologies as not totally on topic.

I'm another one who was there when Arsenal went 0-4 up in something like 20 minutes. They were absolutely unplayable and everyone in the ground knew they were watching something special. When they scored, everyone around me was clapping. By the time the 4tg went in and we were soundly beaten it was like everyone around us just enjoyed watching a superb football team and had written the game off!

When you think back, you can see the similarities that Wenger shared with Pep. Possession football, great forwards, great to watch. Mind Viera and Petit etc were far more brutal than Fernandinho with the dark arts, but we're still exceptional footballers

I do feel privileged to have watched that game in the flesh. For people to still remember it after all these years tells you how good arsenal were that day. They deserved it.
Got a lot of time for Wenger. He's had a bit of an issue with us ever since we got taken over, but what he did for the Premier League in the late 90s and early 2000s can't be forgotten. He was a big part of it becoming a big international brand where the most exciting players from all over Europe (and then the world) came to play the most exciting form of the game. A real innovator who, even when his methods seemed outdated in the 2010s, was clearly holding Arsenal afloat when they were on the brink of fading away.

Got a lot of time for Wenger. He's had a bit of an issue with us ever since we got taken over, but what he did for the Premier League in the late 90s and early 2000s can't be forgotten. He was a big part of it becoming a big international brand where the most exciting players from all over Europe (and then the world) came to play the most exciting form of the game. A real innovator who, even when his methods seemed outdated in the 2010s, was clearly holding Arsenal afloat when they were on the brink of fading away.
He's had a bit of an issue with us?
That's like saying Farage has a bit of an issue with immigrants.

He's had a bit of an issue with us?
That's like saying Farage has a bit of an issue with immigrants.
Tbf, Farage only has a problem with immigrants so long as his problem with immigrants continues to pay him.

Tbf, Farage only has a problem with immigrants so long as his problem with immigrants continues to pay him.
Which isn't dissimilar to Wenger being paid by Bein sports for constantly making digs at City.

That is my understanding. Nicky wanted to watch them and Mike took him on a regular basis.
Nothing wrong with a father doing his duties, but don't kid ourselves that Mike is a dyed in the wool Blue. His original affiliation is most likely to have been with Preston.
At the end of the day, he's a professional City fan... Nowhere to be seen when he wasn't on the payroll.
Back in the day, Buzzer was best mates with George Best. Back then, plenty of the players had good friends across town.

As for those personal “affiliations” leading to team affiliations, I’d doubt it!

Nicky? No idea, but he wouldn’t be the first kid who supported someone other than his Dads team!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.