Applauding opposition goals

Franny Lee got a great reception in my part of the Kippax when he scored that goal for Derby County (the one which used to open Match of the Day with: "Just look at his face.") It was a mini roar.

Paul Gascoigne for Spurs at Maine Road in December 1990 - the match where Norwegian Tv (where it was broadcast Live) asked City to wear the maroon 2nd kit, and Spurs wore yellow, because it was a bit foggy... Gazza picked the ball up just inside our half, played a 1-2 and picked the ball up on the edge of out box, moved forward and slid it under Coton under pressure from our defenders.... many City fans in the Main stand, stood up and applauded... sublime...sheer class....

Paul Gascoigne for Spurs at Maine Road in December 1990 - the match where Norwegian Tv (where it was broadcast Live) asked City to wear the maroon 2nd kit, and Spurs wore yellow, because it was a bit foggy... Gazza picked the ball up just inside our half, played a 1-2 and picked the ball up on the edge of out box, moved forward and slid it under Coton under pressure from our defenders.... many City fans in the Main stand, stood up and applauded... sublime...sheer class....

I was in the north stand where he scored, I and many others applauded, sheer class, sometimes you just have to acknowledge it. Such moments were few and far between from our boys in blue back then so we appreciated watching quality live.

I remember Waddle getting a standing ovation when he was subbed when playing for Bradford at Maine Road. He was coming to the end of his career but was still the best player on the pitch.

Last one I remember was the Townsend one for Palace.

Regularly clap players off if they've had a really good game (usually if we're winning).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.