Applauding opposition goals

Goaters

I was just watching that KDB belter against Leicester when he smashed it in the bottom left corner from outside the box. A chap a few rows back in the Leicester end is politely applauding the obvious moments of brilliance.

It got me thinking back to the days when City were the underdog without the world class names. I personally remember Arsenal with Henry, Pires et all coming to Maine Road and absolutely taking us to the cleaners but some moments you just have to appreciate the immense ability and I vividly remember a fair chunk of the crowd clapping at some moments of Arsenal play.

So, have there ever been moments where you have put football rivalry aside and just thought fuck it - that’s what the beautiful game is all about from an opponent?

I was just watching that KDB belter against Leicester when he smashed it in the bottom left corner from outside the box. A chap a few rows back in the Leicester end is politely applauding the obvious moments of brilliance.

It got me thinking back to the days when City were the underdog without the world class names. I personally remember Arsenal with Henry, Pires et all coming to Maine Road and absolutely taking us to the cleaners but some moments you just have to appreciate the immense ability and I vividly remember a fair chunk of the crowd clapping at some moments of Arsenal play.

So, have there ever been moments where you have put football rivalry aside and just thought fuck it - that’s what the beautiful game is all about from an opponent?
I'll sometimes clap a player when they are being subbed off if they have played well. I don't think I'd clap a goal as I'm normally a bit deflated at that point!

I cheered all 6 goals at my first ever City game in a 4-2 win against Leicester when I was 6, if that counts.

Ronaldinho at the first game at the Etihad

Me too,but my appreciation for him,much like many others that day,was to applaud him with the knowledge he'd turned down the rags,he milked it as well the goofy twat haha.

As for clapping an opposition goal,Townsend a few year back,wonderful hit.

I remember applauding one of the Norwich goals in the last game of the season defeat when Brian Kidd was in charge, but everything was a bit weird then with Mancini’s sacking, the cup final defeat, Rodwell scoring…..Was that also the game when some of the South Stand were abusing Kolarov and the Colin Bell stand were singing his song to support him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.