Approx 1060 millionaires in Manchester..

You would be wrong. First divorce as a young kid, she went with nothing,(just went) second one thirteen years ago I gave her two houses and have looked after her with a fair monthly payment and my kids with her and pay for her holidays etc. We negotiated a deal in a pub and wrote it out on a beer mat. In fact she has a credit card of mine and uses it for tutors and clothes and basically whatever they need. I don’t check what they spend it on - just clear it when it’s full but I don’t think she takes the piss. She been sound generally and a good mum. I have more than I need and genuinely have no interest whatsoever in material shite. Just want to enjoy my dads time left and my kids grow and keep improving my fitness, travel a bit more and be a better human. I have done pretty well out of Manchester’s skyline and own a lot of property so don’t need to work again especially as I spend fuck all in relative terms. I do as I get bored if I have more than a few weeks off. Do 4 days a week max these days though. You can’t take it with you.

Genuine question, @SWP's back too, but as a single man looking to get on the property ladder soon and take out a mortgage.. is doing this while single protected from a potential future divorce, as an asset owned before said potential relationship? Are assets owned pre relationship at risk of being divided or are only those that you acquired during the relationship at risk?

Would you recommend waiting to go halves on a deposit/mortgage with a long term partner or going it alone while you're still single?

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated. Cheers

Genuine question, @SWP's back too, but as a single man looking to get on the property ladder soon and take out a mortgage.. is doing this while single protected from a potential future divorce, as an asset owned before said potential relationship? Are assets owned pre relationship at risk of being divided or are only those that you acquired during the relationship at risk?

Would you recommend waiting to go halves on a deposit/mortgage with a long term partner or going it alone while you're still single?

I know that you asked him specifically but I'll give you some free pointers rather than advice.

Google non-matrimonial assets you'll find plenty of free information on law websites. The answer is potentially but not necessarily, specifically look into what is referred to as mingling. If you both live in it as the matrimonial home then it is less likely to be see as a non-matromonial asset.

If you have both of your names on the mortgage and house deeds, courts will be under the assumption that you earn it in equal shares unless you provide evidence to rebut that. But you can clarify the situation beforehand by having unequal shares declared through a trust document and on the land registry deeds.

Google "tenants in common" and read free advice on law firm websites for further explanation.

You are best off getting paid advice from a solicitor and a financial adviser at the time you buy a property.

Get a mortgage if you can afford to without a partner, better than paying more on rent and covering someone else's.

I honestly would not contemplate getting married. At least a 40 percent chance of giving your house away. Why bother? And yes I have done it several times but that would be my advise.

I honestly would not contemplate getting married. At least a 40 percent chance of giving your house away. Why bother? And yes I have done it several times but that would be my advise.

It's more the going into the marriage with failure on his mind. If we split up do I have to give her anything?

What sort of attitude is that?

Answer to your first question is no if the marriage lasts any time before the divorce.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.