April 15, 2018 - Where were you?

With perfect timing, I had just walked into my local pub, to see the usual 6 or so hardcore armchair rags huddled around the big screen. When straight away West Brom scored. The look on their faces knowing their season was over and little old ME had just walked in. PRICELESS .
I took the next 20 mins ripping the piss out of them un mercyfully. As the pub gradually filled with Blues and the sewer rats snook away and the party started.
Different to the other times but still great in it`s own way

I was turning into Davenham roundabout heading down the 556 towards Chester to take my little girl home when the Rags game ended and the commentator ushered those beautiful words.. THATS IT..Manchester City are champions of England. Bibbing my horn and screaming like a lunatic..much to my daughters embarrassment. Little did I know,but at that exact moment, Pep was literally a mile away down the road at Sandiway golf club. But I preferred the Aguero moment tbh ha ha.

I was in a bar down the road with the beautiful Mrs/ex mrs no. 2/now not ex mrs any more/god only knows whats happening) This! and a couple of mates. A couple or raggies at the bar that we saw off, then wandered to the local to see if any of our city chums were in or any rags left in town. There werent, we went home. 15 minutes before vinnie, bernado, stones and walker showed up... gutted.

I was in and out of a community over-30 league doubleheader (posting on here via my mobile as I was able), amongst many, many United supporters on either team (an unfortunate certainty here in the states). Someone was streaming it on the bench and most of us were watching when we were off the pitch. When WBA scored there was a loud moan from touch that actually managed to distract the referee, as he thought everyone was moaning about a call he had just made!

The look on most of their faces when the final whistle blew was priceless. Another Manchester transplant (well, from Sale) and I were obviously beaming, which a few took issue with, so we left rather quickly. Still loved seeing the disgust and realisation of their mediocrity sweeping over the lot of them, though.

I won quite a lot of money on a last minute bet on West Brom taking it, as well. And our team won both matches. It was a very good day in general.

Had just got back from Spurs and was watching it with a load of plastic rags in stretford

Enjoyable to say the least

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.