Aptitude tests

journolud

My son is applying for engineering apprenticeships and has been invited in for an aptitude test. Does anyone know what these entail?

Will be a test of common sense, and ability to figure out questions and puzzles relating to the job

Normally multiple choice and from the ones I took as a teeneager looking for work not overly difficult.

Saying that, it was 23 years ago so they may have changed since

Try this practice site

https://www.assessmentday.co.uk/

They usually consist of career relevant tests to judge an individuals suitability for the role.

You are timed while having to perform tests covering verbal,numerical and problem solving topics,probably on both paper and the computer.

May also be an interview at the end of the day,if test results have been successful to that point.

Serio
My son is applying for engineering apprenticeships and has been invited in for an aptitude test. Does anyone know what these entail?
Serious answer. I'n not an engineer but to work for a company that uses aptitude tests as part of the recruitment process. I'd expect it to test for basic numeracy/physics and literacy, as well as spacial awareness (manipulating shapes), and possibly even colour blindness.

You should usually have received a preparation pack/practice material? I have on the many times i have been invited to attend such events.

Is this not the case for your son?

If there's a survival test where the scenario is that you're survivors of an air/sea crash, then the first priority is to stay where you are, not move away. Then the priority items to keep are the things that will feed, water and keep you sheltered and warm.

Oh and this might help... what do aptitude tests consist of

You should usually have received a preparation pack/practice material? I have on the many times i have been invited to attend such events.

Is this not the case for your son?

We haven't had anything but I guess at 18 the expectations should be less than other established professionals.

I did one for a recruitment process two years ago. There were three jobs going and four candidates. I was unsuccessful.

When I got feedback from the recruiting manager I was told I did ok in the tests. I took it further and the HR manager said I got 100% in the tests. I suspected a stitch up. The HR manager said I was behind on some of the other considerations. I showed her a list of employee names someone had sent me, with my name on it and "headcount reduction" beside it.

Caught 'em red handed. I'm sceptical about them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.