Aptitude tests

Serio

Serious answer. I'n not an engineer but to work for a company that uses aptitude tests as part of the recruitment process. I'd expect it to test for basic numeracy/physics and literacy, as well as spacial awareness (manipulating shapes), and possibly even colour blindness.
This is pretty much spot on based upon my experience of running them for a large engineering company.
If it is a graduate selection day there would also be some form of scenario based teamwork exercise. They look to see who takes the lead, but also openness to opinions from others in the group (nobody wants a dogmatic bully in the team). Time management is also monitored.

On leaving school I applied to all the major engineering firms that were about then. BAE Greengate, Ferrantis Moston, Mather & Platt etc.
All the tests were very similar and I felt I was quite good at them.
I got a number of letters informing me I had been unsuccsessful but also had firms inviting me to an interview.
British Areospace, Romec which was Royal Mails engineering division then and Manchester City Council ( Electrical ) all offered me the job.
I have no idea why I was successful for some and not others.
Try this as I said they are all very similar.

https://www.practiceaptitudetests.com › b...
Web results
BAE systems Assessments 2019 Practice Tests | FREE Aptitude Tests

If there's a survival test where the scenario is that you're survivors of an air/sea crash, then the first priority is to stay where you are, not move away. Then the priority items to keep are the things that will feed, water and keep you sheltered and warm.

Take the jazz mag, that will keep you warm. Plus you can wipe your arse with the adverts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.