Are City considered a “Modern Great”?

Personally think we'll have to win the European Cup to be considered a modern great, but then again I agree with others that whatever we do the naysayers will never look past the money. Whatever happens City are City and we love them.

I think how we're viewed is on hold with the media outlets until the CAS verdict.
Either the greatest team in modern history or a Lance Armstrong phenomenon to many

Very well put. I think its quite telling how little City have been in the media recently outside of the CAS stuff and the player interviews during the pandemic. There's been many reflective pieces on other clubs to fill column inches, but nobody has touched the Pep era at City really. When you consider how good this team has been (even this season when we're supposedly shit) then it does feel like people are waiting for CAS to decide how to frame us.

Just makes the verdict even more important when framed like this.

Not yet.
As much as i hate to say it, we need one or two Champions League wins.

There were repeated adverts prior to C-19, and currently showcasing the return of football - how many snippets of City get shown among the pack - many in the RDAHMeedya are begrudging in their recognition. The fact that other teams get shown over and above us and do not come anywhere near the achievements City have accumulated over the last ten years is simply a sign that we have reached people's consciousness in terms of 'modern great'! Compare the tv and meedya presence of City this season to the wankathon we will get next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.