Are City protestant, catholic or neither? Straw Poll

Prestwich_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
PB, the club were founded as "St Marks Gorton" in 1880.

So you were wrong when you said that the club has never had any affiliation with the church, however much you play it down.
You've misunderstood what I meant DD (or more likely I didn't explain it very well).

I know the history of the club but in 1887, after 7 years of being St Marks, we moved to Ardwick and became AFC Ardwick and joined the Football League. I assume at that point we were a professional club. Then in 1893 that club collapsed and was re-formed in 1894 as Manchester City FC. So we shed any connection with St Marks in 1887 and certainly had lost it completely by 1894, when Manchester City came into being.

In fact I'll go further and say that City, far from having a religious affiliation, were actually formed by Freemasons in 1894. See this article on Purely Man City:

City's Masonic Origins

It has to be said however that many Masons are religious but there are very few Catholics as they are discouraged (by the Catholic Church not the Masons) from becoming members.

I've read that article, PB, and very interesting it was.

Let's not split hairs about the religious affilation -we both agree City have no affiliation at all with religion these days, even though some people like to think we do.

I'm having a war of words with Spanish Blue who thinks i'm racist, a bigot, all kinds, so I don't need one with you.....!

Didsbury Dave said:
spanishblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
spanishblue said:
It has no place on a football forum

in your opinion

Forum opinions or have you got the GOD given opinion for all

PMSL

You are the one who decided (in a rant) this thread has no place on a football forum (despite having nearly 100 posts)

100 posts on FOOTBALL so i wont waste anymore time on this shit if you had put it in off topic
where it belongs in the 1st place i would not have given it a second thought .
But there we go you didnt know the diffrence as i say illitrate maybe stupid NO

Are u kin stupid i DID NOT CALL YOU A RACIST read my post spelling or not it is very simple

Cant you read i did not call you abiggot either
Fkin stupid YES

er...it's in Off Topic.

But it is relevant to football and City. Have you not read the thread? How many times do I have to post this was a straw poll based on a comment by a Hearts fan that City were perceived in Scotland as "a proddy club" in the "Songs at Liverpool" thread.

I am referrring to the thread having 100 posts, not you.

Insulting someone because they have not posted much is infantile, if you ask me.

Don't you get it yet?

Didsbury Dave said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
PB, the club were founded as "St Marks Gorton" in 1880.

So you were wrong when you said that the club has never had any affiliation with the church, however much you play it down.
You've misunderstood what I meant DD (or more likely I didn't explain it very well).

I know the history of the club but in 1887, after 7 years of being St Marks, we moved to Ardwick and became AFC Ardwick and joined the Football League. I assume at that point we were a professional club. Then in 1893 that club collapsed and was re-formed in 1894 as Manchester City FC. So we shed any connection with St Marks in 1887 and certainly had lost it completely by 1894, when Manchester City came into being.

In fact I'll go further and say that City, far from having a religious affiliation, were actually formed by Freemasons in 1894. See this article on Purely Man City:

City's Masonic Origins

It has to be said however that many Masons are religious but there are very few Catholics as they are discouraged (by the Catholic Church not the Masons) from becoming members.

I've read that article, PB, and very interesting it was.

Let's not split hairs about the religious affilation -we both agree City have no affiliation at all with religion these days, even though some people like to think we do.

I'm having a war of words with Spanish Blue who thinks i'm racist, a bigot, all kinds, so I don't need one with you.....!
No argument with me. I agree with him entirely ;-)

Didsbury Dave said:
er...it's in Off Topic.

But it is relevant to football and City. Have you not read the thread? How many times do I have to post this was a straw poll based on a comment by a Hearts fan that City were perceived in Scotland as "a proddy club" in the "Songs at Liverpool" thread.

Insulting someone because they have not posted much is infantile, if you ask me.

Don't you get it yet?

It may mean somethig in Scotland where religion [biggotry] plays a large part in FOOTBALL but not in my 46 yrs of supporting City and dont you get it yet WHAT THE FUK HAS RELIGION GOT TO DO WITH FOOTBALL

It maybe in off topic now but that is not where you started it the mods had the sense to move it

spanishblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
er...it's in Off Topic.

Don't you get it yet?

It may mean somethig in Scotland where religion [biggotry] plays a large part in FOOTBALL but not in my 46 yrs of supporting City and dont you get it yet WHAT THE FUK HAS RELIGION GOT TO DO WITH FOOTBALL

It maybe in off topic now but that is not where you started it the mods had the sense to move it

So thats a barm then ...........eh ?????

Certain sections of the ground make homophobic comments so are you saying that we could be a homophobic club??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.