Are managers overrated?

itisrising

I've been thinking about this recently and I seriously believe that managers have become more of a symbol of the club adding to its image as opposed to a key cog in a side. For instance, if Pellegrini were to bring on Navas in the 70th minute against tired legs and he changes the game, it would be labelled a master-stroke despite the fact that every fan and his blind dog could see that that change was needed too. It often seems to me that managers can way too much credit for things that any knowledgeable football fan could see. For me, I feel that football has evolved to the point where footballers are becoming more and more tactically aware to the point that managers aren't very important.

English managers are and bent as 9 bob notes. All there bothered about is commission of their mates selling players.

I don't see Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce adding anything to the image of a club
They add to their own pockets using their sons agencies.Which could explain why managers like Curbishley don't get a look in anymore.

I don't see Tony Pulis or Sam Allardyce adding anything to the image of a club

All they essentially do is follow the old English style of management. Long ball + strong lone striker. I'm failing to see what makes these managers great.

Looking at Leicester, I'd say some managers make a hell of a difference.

I'd say they are underrated - put Roberto Martinez in charge of Leicester and Ranieri(or anyone else) in charge of Everton and watch thier positions change

Having said that, they are powerless at times if a player sticks one in from 30yrds whilst thier players miss sitters

Looking at Leicester, I'd say some managers make a hell of a difference.

See this is the part that confuses me. How can someone be classed as a top class manager yet perform so unspectacularly for multiple clubs? He simply sets out his team to play to their strengths. Saying that, any decent footballing mind can do that, that's why so many retired footballers end up in top jobs so quickly.

Ours is.

Our future one isn't. Read Pep confidential and he's light years from Pellegrini in terms of setting up his team for each opponent. 2 1/2 days just analysing his opposition for each game to nullify their strengths and expose our weaknesses. Pellegrini is on records as saying we play the same way each game. It's why after nearly three years any of us could set a team up to play City with any semi-adequate squad.

Ours is.

Our future one isn't. Read Pep confidential and he's light years from Pellegrini in terms of setting up his team for each opponent. 2 1/2 days just analysing his opposition for each game to nullify their strengths and expose our weaknesses. Pellegrini is on records as saying we play the same way each game. It's why after nearly three years any of us could set a team up to play City with any semi-adequate squad.

Fuck off. You would spend 2 1/2 days trying to minimise the players tax liabilities and fuck the opposition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.