Are people thicker these days?

CTID1988

Just read that Fast and Furious 9 has had the biggest opening weekend of all time, beating Star wars. Is this, along with Mrs. Browns Boys getting best comedy of the 21st century, proof if proof be needed that a nuclear war is probably a good option to thin out the numbers a bit?
I know TV and the media like to dumb people down, but it genuinely feels like a lot of people these days are borderline simple. Mrs Browns Boys for fucks sake!

This "biggest opening weekend" bullshit is broken all the time. Nothing more than clever marketing and distribution.

But to answer your question, yes.

I can't stand the Kardashian / TOWIE / Geordie Shore wankers. Their whole following should have been swallowed.

Dunno but I've noticed 15-1 has either become dumbed down or I've retained too much random knowledge over the years.

I reality I think the gap between clever and thick is growing.

Ignoring literacy issues some of the under 30's are just thick. The Jade comment on Big Brother about 'Is East Anglia a country' sums a large part of the population up.

I'm definitely thicker than i was 10 years ago, and it wasn't a very high starting point. I blame technology, it's ruined my attention span, ability to concentrate and squirrels!!!

People are not thicker, but life is saturated with dumbing down technology that is 24/7, people spend there young life fed nonsense rather than learning through doing stuff.

Iean do kids still go down the park to play footy, play in the street, climb trees or build rope swings or fuck about in abandonded buildings, because theres fuck all else to do on a bank holiday we used to, keeping your mind active not idle.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.