Are there less frogs than there used to be?

W W

worsleyweb

Discuss? Could have sworn as a kid I saw one every few weeks? Not seen one for years.

Discuss? Could have sworn as a kid I saw one every few weeks? Not seen one for years.
Definitely.
When I was a child used to go to the local pond and get frog spawn. Never see it now
Haven't seen a newt in years

If anything, there ought to be more given our frog munching lurcher/lab cross passed on a few years ago. She could clear a rainy garden in seconds flat. Entire generations of baby frogs, dozens of them. Crunch, crunch, crunch.

There are fewer I agree although we do get one or two in our garden in the summer. The fields at the bottom of our estate have gradually been developed. It was swamp and when we moved here 23 years ago there used to be loads - I am told be neighbours that 30 years ago before there was any development then on a couple of nights a year the road leading off our estate was blanketed in randy frogs on the move from one swamp to the one where they bred and laid spawn. All sadly gone now.

I've spotted millions of tadpoles (I've got some in my garden pond too)...I think they're late this year, though.
we've got a wildlife area here in Salford (nah...not Ordsall)..I found a few toads and two newts.

If anything, there ought to be more given our frog munching lurcher/lab cross passed on a few years ago. She could clear a rainy garden in seconds flat. Entire generations of baby frogs, dozens of them. Crunch, crunch, crunch.

A similar thing to what I experience.
Our ginger tabby (very much alive) used to jump back into our garden, twice a day, every day for about four years, with what looked like a Zapata moustache (in other words, a frog in his gob).
He's not done that for about 2 years. Little bugger must've killed the bloodline off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.