Are there less frogs than there used to be?

Loads of frogs, toads and I've got dozens of newts in my pond but no frog spawn...I heard frogs and newts dont get on.... I suppose its where you live and what natural features you have near by, we're surrounded by rivers and forests. Having said that I rent part of an old bus depot and around about july and onwards there are hundreds of baby toads inside the place.
We used to live on the border of Brooklands and Timperley and late february hundred of randy frogs would cross our road to get to a pond in the wood, quite a sight...I presume they still do it.

Yes, wildlife organisations have reported a drop in numbers and said it's due to garden ponds being out of fashion.

Perhaps you could build one in the grounds of your own home or some of the 300 houses you own?

:)

Most probably, there's less of everything nowadays. Birds, bees, you name it. It's rare we see a Buzzard or other bird of prey around here anymore. There's even less beans in a can of beans now, although that might not be related.

Yes, wildlife organisations have reported a drop in numbers and said it's due to garden ponds being out of fashion.

Perhaps you could build one in the grounds of your own home or some of the 300 houses you own?

:)

I am having one built seeing as you ask and work started yesterday. That's why i started the thread - got me thinking.

I mean how often do you go and play out with your friends nowadays?

He won't admit it but we did have a game of kerby last week and I gave him a quid for a 99 but I can confirm we saw no frogs before we got shouted in for tea at my house. For the record we had potato smiley faces, beans and twizzlers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.