Are United Still Our 'Main' Rivals?

Utd are the worst, for me. Liverpool are only a pain because they are currently winning things - if they dropped back to also-rans, they wouldn't be on most of our radars.

But Utd ... oh, dear. I was in Coventry today (don't ask) and popped into a Tesco. The bloke in front of me at the checkout - and also the guy behind me ... were both in Utd tops. In Coventry. But it's the same wherever you go - even overseas.
This is why it's our duty to despise Utd.

I have always found a trip to Liverpool far more scary than a trip to Old Toilet. Leave OT colours out of sight and mingle in with the rags no need to worry about manc accent. Liverpool a living nightmare getting back to Lime St surrounded by people who hate our team and our town. Rivals on the field Utd will always be number one but Scouse supporters far more obnoxious.

I never dreamt of saying this as a kid but Liverpool are far more detestable in every aspect than United are. If it came to a var final between The scum and the cultists and you forced me to pick a side I’d sooner see win it would be United.
Wow, that last statement says a lot and I fully understand the sentiment. I never used to dislike Liverpool but I do now and it is totally down to the supporters. But my hatred of United is also totally down to the supporters and that hatred was total!

I guess my thoughts on that conundrum are I will Iook at the match as an amusing curiosity ignoring the winners and laughing at the losers.

In the way that your dog is your main rival to being able to do *whatever* you want at any given time with no notice, sure.

Always!!

anyone says anything different, they’re fucking mental.

all the others are just games, though some with more riding on it that others.

Playing those swampy rag slags is different.

They’re the only team I hate HATE losing to.
+1

I've always found it's the sheer arrogance of U****d fans. The sense of self-entitlement. I watched a Manchester derby in The Clarence in Rusholme with one. The 1-1 draw at their place. At final whistle, he stormed out of the pub because they hadn't won. I got some text message an hour later apologising and he said he was spending the night at home to sulk. I was up for a few more pints.

I've only ever been attacked once at football and that was by one of theirs. After the 1-0 Geovanni winner under Sven, I got punched around the side of the head by a bruiser boy in his forties. I went straight to the police and the copper refused to do anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.