Are we getting more popular at home?

JOGAMIGMOG

Team supported
Manchester City, England and Levante Union Deportiva
I went to school in the 70's and early 80's and support for City was 50/50 with the rags. My daughters went to scool in the early 2000's and in both their classes there was about 6 blues and the rest all rag. We had just exited the third tier and rags were European champs.
Fast forward to today. What are Manchester schools like. Hopefully it's getting back to 50/50? And what about away from Manchester up and down our wonderful island? Any examples of our growing blue gospel?

My school it was about 70/30 to the rags, early 90s. my daughters school now, based on colours alone I reckon it seems about 60/40 City

Both Reddish btw

My youngest is 6, at his football training on Friday there were 14 City shirts, 8 Utd shirts, 3 England shirts and 1 each for Barca, Real Madrid and Chelsea.

The cheadle area is full of city fans. Saying that the high school I went to about 5 years ago there was about 5 city fans in my entire year and loads of rags. I'm definitely seeing more shirts in Manchester. I guess people come out of the woodwork. I'd hardly ever see anyone with city shies on before we got money. I guess we are all just glory hunters. ;)

Funny enough I said to my lad the other day,is there a lot of city fans in your school,he said there's loads dad AND they go to the match.

In my hometown in Hertfordshire I can confirm that I have seen a grand total of one sighting of any City gear whatsoever in the last 2 years, and it wasn't even a kid.

I don't know what it's like now, but when I was in Primary school (I'm 22 now) there was exactly one other City fan in my class.

Not many of us in Chester, I've been here since September and seen two other blues. Not many rags either though, nearly all Liverpool and quite a few Everton. It's very scouse over here I feel miles from home!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.