Are we the only team to lose their last match at an old ground?

No but at least we didn't request The Most Famous Club in the World™ as our final home match at the ground we were leaving.

I do sometimes lol at your 'typical City' stuff, your'e really not as "bad" as you like to think you are. You're a massive club who have spent most of your history in and around the top tier and have history of winning cups and playing in Europe, there are are far more clubs out there who have a much worse record than you lot, but i suppose they don't have that lot down the road to compare themselves to which would be enough to give anyone an inferiority complex.

Take my club, Reading as an example:

As someone asked the question, Reading lost our last game at our old ground Elm Park, 0 - 1 v Norwich, we were relegated that season, although the last game didn't mean anything as we had been down for a while anyway!

Another terrible record that i think we share with Brentford is that we are the only clubs to have lost play off finals at Old Wembley, Cardiff and New Wembley.

We are also one of the only (i think) clubs to finish 2nd in the Championship (2nd Div as was) and not go up (as it was the year that the Premiership was reducing from 24 - 20 teams). We went into the play offs, were 2-0 up after 30 minutes and had a penalty awarded to us - we missed it - we lost 4-3.

It took us 135 years to even get into the Top Flight for the first time in our history.

You lot don't know how lucky you are!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.