Are you a rock snob?

I love all forms of music - rock, disco, rap, classical, jazz, ambient, dance - whatever.

Music is completely personal and has been said many times before, for each person there's only good music ... and bad music.

In terms of rock, if someone said I was a snob because I love Steely Dan, Joni Mitchell, The Doobie Brothers, Yes, Deep Purple, The Beatles, The Stones, Free, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Led Zepellin etc then I'm a firm snob! But I also am partial to Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Bread as well.

I do think it's absolutely personal though and if you love the music, just love it! I'm just as happy listening to Steely Dan, Chic, Beethoven, Global Communication, Michael Stearns, Public Enemy, David Guetta as anything else - it depends on the mood :)

Growing up in Liverpool in the late seventies I would sometimes go to Probe Records. At the time one guy who served was a manic fruitloop. He was a complete rock snob. I made the mistake of taking a Rush album to the desk to purchase. He looked at me and said 'you look just as shit as the shit music you want to buy!!'
He then Frisbee'd the album sleeve across the shop and said 'if you really want that pile of shit you can go and fetch'.
The guys name was Pete Burns (Dead or Alive - now dead, the cnut).

I love all forms of music - rock, disco, rap, classical, jazz, ambient, dance - whatever.

Music is completely personal and has been said many times before, for each person there's only good music ... and bad music.

In terms of rock, if someone said I was a snob because I love Steely Dan, Joni Mitchell, The Doobie Brothers, Yes, Deep Purple, The Beatles, The Stones, Free, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, Led Zepellin etc then I'm a firm snob! But I also am partial to Def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Bread as well.

I do think it's absolutely personal though and if you love the music, just love it! I'm just as happy listening to Steely Dan, Chic, Beethoven, Global Communication, Michael Stearns, Public Enemy, David Guetta as anything else - it depends on the mood :)
I don't think it is your choice in music that makes one a snob. As this thread shows, It is your attitude to other people's choices that define one as a snob. You are fine with regard the later point.

Even rock has now been broken down into many sub-genres. For me though it's about a swagger and a rhythm that not many bands could reach, imo. Motorhead for instance, could rock, but not like AC/DC. Iron Maiden could rock, but not like Aerosmith, who in my mind are/were the greatest rock band on the planet. They had it, whatever it is

Even rock has now been broken down into many sub-genres. For me though it's about a swagger and a rhythm that not many bands could reach, imo. Motorhead for instance, could rock, but not like AC/DC. Iron Maiden could rock, but not like Aerosmith, who in my mind are/were the greatest rock band on the planet. They had it, whatever it is

I agree that Aerosmith and AC/DC have definitely got something that most bands can't compete with. Neither is my favourite band but both are very high on the list. In both cases, it's their 70's material that I love the most.

I agree that Aerosmith and AC/DC have definitely got something that most bands can't compete with. Neither is my favourite band but both are very high on the list. In both cases, it's their 70's material that I love the most.
Agreed, although I'd push into the early 80s but no more than that

Reactions: OB1

Don't really listen much to aerosmith, but if Run-DMC had made walk this way with a lesser band it wouldn't still be being played as a classic today

Dont forget Mc Fly and Busted nor the imaginatively named McBusted.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.