Are you a thief if.....

Pigeonho said:
you find money and you decide to take it?

Was on the main forum on the 'I found a wallet' thread and I posted a story about finding money. Basically about 10 years ago me and our kid went to get some booze from Morrisons for a drinking session. When we parked up we noticed a handbag in the space next to us. I looked inside to see if there was some ID in it and found that the bag contained upwards of £2k in cold, hard cash. Instantly I jumped for joy and started going bonkers about it, whereas my older, and somewhat more sensibl brother, decided to hand it in. It had no purse in it, so no ID, just a load of money. My arguement to my bro was that all thats going to happen is the person we hand it in to will clean out the money and then if and when someone comes to claim it they'll just say thats how the bag was handed in. He said he wanted a clear mind about it, which is all well and good if you're well off like he was, but I was in a bit of money trouble at the time and it would have helped me no end. No then, if I had taken it would be be classed as stealing, or is it finders keepers? It WOULD be stealing if I snatched the bag off someone, but to me it was a bag which at that time belonged to no-one and I was more than ready to take that money.

What do you think? And would you have taken it?

Well if you was in such money problems as you say you were then believe me you would of grabbed that bag off your brother and claimed it.

I found a purse as a kid walking home from school, it had upwards of £400 in it, for me at that age it was alot of money.
felt even more because the money was all in £10's and £20's

I took the money home, and spread it all out on the sofa then counted it all.
I was contemplating keeping it, but as my Dad got home i ran outside and told him about my findings to which he looked in the purse.
He found an electrical meter card and was working for the Electric board at the time, ran a scan and got the womans house address.
Her house was next to where I had found the purse.

We handed her the purse and she turned around and gave me £1 in change as a "reward".
Now that money was for her bills and food for her 3? kids but at that age i learnt a very good lesson:

Finders keepers, losers weepers.

Never have I handed in anything monetary since....

Find stuff all the time in the gym changing rooms, such as watches, wallets, expensive coats :D

Ronnie the Rep said:
I found a wallet when out shopping with my Wife near comets. i found a phone number in it and called the owner who was in the shop. He didn't even know he had lost it and didn't even say thank you! what a twat!

bet u wish you took it now!

people like that are just knob heads

In that situation, I think I would definitely have taken it, although I would have thought it was some kind of set up or looking over my shoulder for an unhappy drug dealer!

Strangest thing I've found is £10 in coinage stacked outside a curry house whilst on the way to school.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.