Are you a thief if.....

ID or not, I would have had no problem pocketing it I'm sorry. Fuck a "clear conscience".

I've lost phones and wallets before, never to be seen again. It's the circle of life, Simba.

Pigeonho said:
you find money and you decide to take it?

Was on the main forum on the 'I found a wallet' thread and I posted a story about finding money. Basically about 10 years ago me and our kid went to get some booze from Morrisons for a drinking session. When we parked up we noticed a handbag in the space next to us. I looked inside to see if there was some ID in it and found that the bag contained upwards of £2k in cold, hard cash. Instantly I jumped for joy and started going bonkers about it, whereas my older, and somewhat more sensibl brother, decided to hand it in. It had no purse in it, so no ID, just a load of money. My arguement to my bro was that all thats going to happen is the person we hand it in to will clean out the money and then if and when someone comes to claim it they'll just say thats how the bag was handed in. He said he wanted a clear mind about it, which is all well and good if you're well off like he was, but I was in a bit of money trouble at the time and it would have helped me no end. No then, if I had taken it would be be classed as stealing, or is it finders keepers? It WOULD be stealing if I snatched the bag off someone, but to me it was a bag which at that time belonged to no-one and I was more than ready to take that money.

What do you think? And would you have taken it?

afraid it's theft if you would've kept it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.