Are you an alchoholic?

jollycity said:
Pigeonho said:
I've never been addicted to anything. I think alot of it is down to personality, and if you have an addictive one. A lad I used to work with was addicted to heroin from 18 onwards until he went for treatment at 23. Thankfully he sorted it out and is now a manager, however he drinks way, way too much. He has the psyche that because he has beaten heroin, alcohol poses no threat. He will have a can in his hand right now though, I can guarantee that 100%. He has an addictive personality.

Apart from City?
At times the most painful addiction!

Nope, although my drinking pattern has changed since i graduated and got a job.

Previously i'd drink nothing for about 5 days a week, maybe have a couple one day and a full on binge another day.

Now pretty often i'll have a beer after work, or a glass of wine with dinner, but very rarely if ever binge. The most i've had in one night since Christmas time is 3 pints.

To be honest, i have a lot of contact with proper, full blown alkies, and it means i will never, ever become like that.

bammy blue said:
yes, had to go hospital the other day to have some staples took out of a gash in my head (did it while pissed....) and they gave me a yellow form to fill out about how much you drink. i lied abitish but still came out with a high score which basically said i'm a full blown piss can and should talk to somebody about it. so i put the form in me pocket, had the staples out then went to the pub............

I take it you went to Rochdale then? I hated filling then forms out for every patient

when I worked in as a chef in hotels in city centre when younger, it was pretty much finish work and go on the piss 7 day a week(even coming down town on your one day off to meet up with the lads working that day). The boardroom on Minshull street was always full of staff from the Britannia, Thistle & Picadilly Plaza Hotels and you were never short of someone you knew to have a beer with, and the trend to have a beer after a busy day at work has never left me.

Have a couple of bottles of red wine a night 6-7 cans of beer, but rarely drink during the day here especially with the heat. it fooks you up.

I am probably a functioning alcoholic. I drink heavily but never get hangovers or miss work. I am starting to think I need to look at stopping drinking as the amount of units I consume in a week most be ridiculous. I can drink loads without getting that pissed, which is probably not good for my long term health. I think it's easy to slip into the habit of drinking in the evening after work. I was drinking about 3 bottles of red wine a night but stopped that & went on to cognac as I thought it would be less easy to guzzle. I'm now at the stage where I can go through a bottle of cognac a night. When I look at the amount of empties in my recycle bin I know I am drinking way too much.

I decided yesterday to try & stop drinking & didn't drink at all last night, which is rare for me. It is going to be hard as we live in a culture that seems to revolve around drinking.

Seriously mate, get some help.

3 bottles of wine a night is like 9 pints and a bottle of Cognac is 14 pints equivalent.

Get your liver tested. Stay off the cognac. If you need a drink, stick to beer (not Stella etc) til you get help

mcfcBally said:
bammy blue said:
yes, had to go hospital the other day to have some staples took out of a gash in my head (did it while pissed....) and they gave me a yellow form to fill out about how much you drink. i lied abitish but still came out with a high score which basically said i'm a full blown piss can and should talk to somebody about it. so i put the form in me pocket, had the staples out then went to the pub............

I take it you went to Rochdale then? I hated filling then forms out for every patient

yeah went to the lovely rochdale infirmary, wasn't to bad though in and out in half an hour.

I started to slip into a really bad drinking habit about 15 years ago (44 now). I was drinking at least a bootle of red a night (usualy two) and it was starting to affect my work. Then one night I remember waking up very thirsty at about 3am so instead of went straight to the fridge a sunk a can of Stella in about 6 seconds and that was my wake up call. I still love to drink (not every day) and can drink a bottle of Pinot while making my tea somedays but I drink because I enjoy it rather than because I think I need it!
Be careful Blues cos that lovely sweet tasty booze can grab you when you least expect!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.