"Are you being served?" Requests from bartender!

jimharri said:
guv said:
jimharri said:
Two minutes to eleven? Last Orders? FFS, they're only just turning up at the pub at that time over here! Ask anybody who has drank in an Irish country pub, if you don't believe me!!

Me and two mates drank in an Irish country pub in 1998 and were told that if we didn't leave sharpish we "might regret it". Nope, we weren't being loud or irritating, we were just talking in English accents.
Sorry to hear that Guv. We have our share of idiots over here same as everywhere else. They are few and far between though, and without a doubt fewer and further between now than a decade back. I have been living over here for twenty odd years, but I still have my Moss Side cultivated accent (or so I'm told) and I've never had a problem. I do get stick (good natured for the most part!) when my football allegiances come to the fore however. This country bloody worships the vermin, along with the dippers and Celtic. I would hop[e that if you ever chanced coming back over for a visit, the neanderthals would stay in their cave.

Thanks for that excellent post, jimharri.

I have a feeling that things would be a lot better nowadays. We were driving up from Dublin to Belfast and stopped en-route. It was August of 1998 and there had just been a blast by the (Real?) IRA in Omagh and feelings were maybe running high.

All I can say after all those decades of random killings by both sides is - "At last!" Peace at last.

Unfortunatley as far as N.Ireland goes there will always be a certain element that will never go away but now they are the minority.

Anyway what pisses me off is when the give a decent pub a make over e.g a pub here has recently been redone in a Cuban theme? completly going against their target customer and now they alienated the people that drank their before and potential new customers because it looks ridiculous.

Thanx4Knives said:
guv said:
jimharri said:
Two minutes to eleven? Last Orders? FFS, they're only just turning up at the pub at that time over here! Ask anybody who has drank in an Irish country pub, if you don't believe me!!

Me and two mates drank in an Irish country pub in 1998 and were told that if we didn't leave sharpish we "might regret it". Nope, we weren't being loud or irritating, we were just talking in English accents.

You lads are drinking in the wrong places, if its proper rural they will never close!

Did some work over Ireland a few year back, went in the pub for breakfast and some of the same guys were still there supping away, top drinking!!

Big G said:
Thanx4Knives said:
guv said:
jimharri said:

You lads are drinking in the wrong places, if its proper rural they will never close!

Did some work over Ireland a few year back, went in the pub for breakfast and some of the same guys were still there supping away, top drinking!!
That sounds about par for the course! Must have bloody deep pockets; the gargle isn't cheap over here!!

jimharri said:
Big G said:
Thanx4Knives said:
guv said:
jimharri said:

That sounds about par for the course! Must have bloody deep pockets; the gargle isn't cheap over here!!

From what I saw, I think they saved money by living in the pub thus having no house bills, thus more beer funds, they were always bloody there.

good post this citd.some good points,i now only go out on a saturday evening with a couple of pals for "takeaway club" .we meet at around 6ish ,order our takeaways,then have a few pints while we wait (2hrs).love pubs but beer is getting much to expensive to frequent pubs religously.tend to have friends round more now.

Well depending on who you are if you can't make the game then you can get some cheap booze, order a take-away in and then watch it on the television or courtesy of Mr. Shadygiz without the risk of having the shit beaten out of you or worse after coming back from the pub.

I just don't think it's as safe to go out to the pub/ clubbing as it used to be really. It's a shame, but loads of pubs will close due to not enough coming through the doors. The profit simply won't be there.

The posh places will, but like someone said, the traditional pubs (even the best ones) won't do much good financially and close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.