Are you missing home games or are you not too mithered?

I'll always want to attend games. Always some. There's just nothing else like it. Telly absolutely does not cut it for me. Furthermore, telly ramps up my natural paranoia a hundredfold, because you can never see what's going on all over the pitch. I always assume that when the opposition have the ball there is someone making a sneaky run into space who hasn't been picked up. And that they're going to score. It is hell.
Even when we've got it, quite often, I'm not watching the man with the ball, but looking to see who's making runs and opening up space for him. And shouting like a moron at the man who isn't moving (no names, this is not the place) to get his arse in gear. I shout at the telly, too, but it's not as satisfying.

However, having attended several away games in recent years and having had to stand right the way through, I realise that I'm just not 15 any more, and it's a bit hard on my back. I couldn't do that for every match any more (by the way, I'm definitely in favour of safe standing for those who want it).

I find I’m less stressed watching live at the stadium than when I’m at home watching on tv.
100% this, watching the games on the telly have left me unbelievably stressed at times, I can certainly Cut it better watching at the stadium, I’ve renewed and totally looking forward to being back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.