Areas with a few good pubs on route to Wembley

RACHACE

http://www.olbg.com/blogs/post.php?id=409471
Don’t fancy any of the pubs around wembley as I’ve generally thought they were dumps but it’s the 1st time we’re staying in London and what area is best for a drink that’s easy enough to get to Wembley on tube isn’t something I’m educated on.

So are there any areas any blues can recommend from experience? What’s it like around Paddington? I ask because it’s easy enough to get to from where we’re staying and easy enough to get to Wembley from.

Don’t want much, few decent pubs with good beer selection and likely to have a few in that are going to the game.

Cheers in advance.

Don’t fancy any of the pubs around wembley as I’ve generally thought they were dumps but it’s the 1st time we’re staying in London and what area is best for a drink that’s easy enough to get to Wembley on tube isn’t something I’m educated on.

So are there any areas any blues can recommend from experience? What’s it like around Paddington? I ask because it’s easy enough to get to from where we’re staying and easy enough to get to Wembley from.

Don’t want much, few decent pubs with good beer selection and likely to have a few in that are going to the game.

Cheers in advance.
Paddington is ok for pub's and easy to get to wemberley on the tube (Bakerloo line) assuming they are running.

Great Portland Street and Warren Street are only 15 mins or so walk from Euston and Great Portland Street is on the tube line to Wembley Park.

Both areas have some pretty decent back street pubs.

I’d go Paddington to Baker Street or Great Portland Street (3/4 stops) then get tube from there (assuming running) we usually go to the Green Man (another one) opposite Great Portland St tube then 20 mins to Wembley Park

We normally go Harrow on the Hill on the Met line. Only a few stops from Wembley. Although could be a nightmare now with the Watford fans likely to call there as well as its a few stops down from there town

We normally go Harrow on the Hill on the Met line. Only a few stops from Wembley. Although could be a nightmare now with the Watford fans likely to call there as well as its a few stops down from there town
When we played United the Harrow pubs were allocated to clubs. Might be the same for this. Although I suspect the Watford fans will drink in Watford or Wembley.

The Volunteer on Baker Street is a good boozer, just over the road from the tube and right next to the Sherlock Holmes house

A nice pub, Sawyers opposite the approach at Paddington, behind the Steak house. Or tube a couple of stops to Baker St for the Metropolitan, (spoonies) next to station or Volunteer opposite.

It's my old stomping ground round there. Some cracking pubs with good beer. I used to love wandering around, you come across some real diamonds in the most unexpected places. Just don't expect a head on your beer, if you drink proper beer that is.

I would focus on the Baker Street - Marylebone Station area. The Volunteer, Alsop Arms, Hobgoblin, Windsor Castle to name just a few.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.