Argg just been told need a new engine

bumbleblue

Anyone any advice. Its a corsa and piston has blown according to garage where rac recovered it to . They wont source an engine and I dont have a fucking clue...car is in kirkham lancs and I am on fylde. anyone help??

Scrap it, or "write it off" and get a new car mate. The money you will spend on a new engine is probably worth more than the car if it's an old one? How old is your car?

woodieMCFC said:
Scrap it, or "write it off" and get a new car mate. The money you will spend on a new engine is probably worth more than the car if it's an old one? How old is your car?

Nearly 10 years old. Its beenl great and I am attached to it cause it belonged to my uncle who first started taking me to city in the late 60s. Looks like I will have to bin it though??

bumbleblue said:
woodieMCFC said:

Nearly 10 years old. Its beenl great and I am attached to it cause it belonged to my uncle who first started taking me to city in the late 60s. Looks like I will have to bin it though??

sourcing an engine from a scrap-yard is risky and without a car to troll around in ............. £250, plus paying someone to swap them, unless you have contacts in that line is also expensive and risky. Probably need to make your mind up quick as storage charges can be high. Should be worth at least a ton in scrap value, dont let the garage have it for nowt. gd luck

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.