Argument re: United and their treatment of Munich survivors

schfc6

Wondering if anyone can help..

I have often been told by a staunch blue in his 70's that post the Munich air disaster United were guilty of removing perished player's families along with players who were not physically or mentally fit enough to carry on playing from their club owned housing.

Now I doubt any club would be guilty of such behaviour, but if any club could it would be them.

I am currently arguing with a rag that United are guilty of such disgusting behaviour and he's calling bullshit. Bare in mind this rag considers the campus to be bullshit, and what players has it produced, despite not even being open yet. He also things City turfed business and families out of their homes to build some sports pitches..He is a true bell end..

Now I don't and never would beat a rag with the Munich stick as it was a terrible and horrifying tragedy but their conduct post Munich I would certainly bring up.

I know their own fans vandalised the AIG poster commemorating the Munich disaster as their own fans were disgusted that United would use the tragedy as an opportunity to sell advertising space, again he denies this even though there are online reports and topics on Rag Cafe..

Does anyone have any evidence of this or is it just an old wives tale so to speak?

Re: Arguement ref United and their treatment of Munich surviours

<a class="postlink" href="http://thepeoplesperson.com/the-munich-disaster-part-vii-2/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://thepeoplesperson.com/the-munich- ... art-vii-2/</a>

This blog talks about the book "The Lost Babes" which highlights the treatment survivors and relatives of the dead were treated

schfc6 said:

I have often been told by a staunch blue in his 70's that post the Munich air disaster United were guilty of removing perished player's families along with players who were not physically or mentally fit enough to carry on playing from their club owned housing.

Now I doubt any club would be guilty of such behaviour, but if any club could it would be them.

I am currently arguing with a rag that United are guilty of such disgusting behaviour and he's calling bullshit. Bare in mind this rag considers the campus to be bullshit, and what players has it produced, despite not even being open yet. He also things City turfed business and families out of their homes to build some sports pitches..He is a true bell end..

Now I don't and never would beat a rag with the Munich stick as it was a terrible and horrifying tragedy but their conduct post Munich I would certainly bring up.

I know their own fans vandalised the AIG poster commemorating the Munich disaster as their own fans were disgusted that United would use the tragedy as an opportunity to sell advertising space, again he denies this even though there are online reports and topics on Rag Cafe..

Does anyone have any evidence of this or is it just an old wives tale so to speak?

dont know about evidence but it certainly mentioned as fact in Gary James book "Manchester a football history". I have to assume that as that was published a number of years ago and united havent sued or even objected, that Gary has the evidence to back it up.

schfc6 said:

Utd are a club full of cunts from top to bottom. It's been that way for years and years so don't worry about available evidence, just be sure that if something has occurred that benefits the club whilst shitting on others then it'll be true.
You're mate sounds just like the rest of the cunts who are going to be crying into their giggsy duvets when we surpass them both on and off the pitch.

It's well documented. Roger Byrne's family continued to live in their club house at a peppercorn rent but the badly injured Johnny Berry and Jackie Blanchflower (neither of whom played again) were evicted from club houses and Berry was fired by letter. Albert Scanlon was badly affected by the disaster and played on for a while before being transferred to Newcastle. Busby told him to get in touch if he ever fell on hard times but when he did and tried to speak to him Busby blanked him. Ray Wood's wife also complained about the bad treatment he received post-Munich.

I'll try to dig out a link and post it later.

Edit: I see bluwes has already posted a link.

Let's not forget too what happened with the 40th anniversary benefit match for the families in 1998. Cantona got some of his mates to play but claimed, and received, £90,000 in 'expenses'. Aside from the tight arsed claim from multi-millionaire Cantona you'd think that a club as rich as the rags would cough up out of their own funds but no, they paid Cantona's claim out of the benefit money meant for the families. The rags have done some mean spirited and shithouse things over the years but for sheer c*ntishness this takes some beating.

I lived near the cliff in the 50,s-60,s the rags had club houses on our road . It was well known that the family's of the dead players and the injured players who didn't play again were given 6mounths to move out of thare homes !!! .

laserblue said:
It's well documented. Roger Byrne's family continued to live in their club house at a peppercorn rent but the badly injured Johnny Berry and Jackie Blanchflower (neither of whom played again) were evicted from club houses and Berry was fired by letter. Albert Scanlon was badly affected by the disaster and played on for a while before being transferred to Newcastle. Busby told him to get in touch if he ever fell on hard times but when he did and tried to speak to him Busby blanked him. Ray Wood's wife also complained about the bad treatment he received post-Munich.

I'll try to dig out a link and post it later.

Edit: I see bluwes has already posted a link.

Let's not forget too what happened with the 40th anniversary benefit match for the families in 1998. Cantona got some of his mates to play but claimed, and received, £90,000 in 'expenses'. Aside from the tight arsed claim from multi-millionaire Cantona you'd think that a club as rich as the rags would cough up out of their own funds but no, they paid Cantona's claim out of the benefit money meant for the families. The rags have done some mean spirited and shithouse things over the years but for sheer c*ntishness this takes some beating.
I can verify this, i worked with Jackie Blanchflowers son Andrew for 17 years and he was often scathing about the way the Munich survivors were treated, the eviction stories are indeed true

That's great cheers blues.. It would make sence that this subject is covered in Manchester a history of football. it's the book I got the old fella in the pub for his 70th..

I knew about how United fleeced Real Madrid, when Madrid offered to play United evry year in a fund raiser.

I can shut that smug "you're just bitter" twat up.. I'm bitter? you mean because I can actually afford to go..I'm bitter because we are doing thing I could never imagine doing when paul Moulden welcomed me into the junior blues..

Oh this toss pot is certainly not a mate, he's a stain of a relative, miss's side obviously.

schfc6 said:
That's great cheers blues.. It would make sence that this subject is covered in Manchester a history of football. it's the book I got the old fella in the pub for his 70th..

I knew about how United fleeced Real Madrid, when Madrid offered to play United evry year in a fund raiser.

I can shut that smug "you're just bitter" twat up.. I'm bitter? you mean because I can actually afford to go..I'm bitter because we are doing thing I could never imagine doing when paul Moulden welcomed me into the junior blues..

Oh this toss pot is certainly not a mate, he's a stain of a relative, miss's side obviously.
Have fun with him but be gentle as they are usually fuckin retards, i suffer the same family thing, my son in law is a thick rag

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.