Arm v painful after lifting in the gym 6 weeks on.

Is it painful when you raise it above your head?
It's improved a lot mate and I have good frontal movement and can now bear small weights. Extending the arm upwards and to the rear is still proving difficult. (see post 21)

It's improved a lot mate and I have good frontal movement and can now bear small weights. Extending the arm upwards and to the rear is still proving difficult. (see post 21)
I would give that upwards and to the rear a complete rest for about a week,it should be fine after that

The doc said they can mend it in keyhole surgery, the slab tear could resolve of it's own accord over 6-12 months.
I had exactly the same and elected the surgery.It was an awful time as i had reached a physical peak and was looking to enter bodybuilding competition.

It took 12 months to heal to a condition where i could begin lifting heavy again.Still now,12 years later,i have a slight weakness on that side.

All the best.

2 months now & was seemingly on the mend but flared up again of late (likely through day to day carrying & yoga).

Have covid atm so every muscle is aching.

Mega muscle pain in upper right arm and top of shoulder this Wednesday after just a slight pain previously. Doctors waste of time, still no face to face appointments. Went to Tameside Drop In Centre at Ashton hospital.

Doc said rest but to see a Physio so this morning had an appointment with Dave Carter at Physio Team works in Mossley, glad I went. Been given plenty of advice, exercises and shock wave treatment, further treatment required, possibly a cortisone injection to kick start the process as my condition is so painful. Cost was £50 plus £3 for a bit of exercise kit, next appointment £45, hopefully money we’ll spent. Attached is like a flexible band to be used for exercise.

Going through the GP for NHS treatment would take considerably longer than the 4 days it’s taken me to get the process started privately.

Attachments

• 8B845758-A632-4147-8040-514F21D7B127.jpeg
    8B845758-A632-4147-8040-514F21D7B127.jpeg
    490.2 KB · Views: 7
Mega muscle pain in upper right arm and top of shoulder this Wednesday after just a slight pain previously. Doctors waste of time, still no face to face appointments. Went to Tameside Drop In Centre at Ashton hospital.

Doc said rest but to see a Physio so this morning had an appointment with Dave Carter at Physio Team works in Mossley, glad I went. Been given plenty of advice, exercises and shock wave treatment, further treatment required, possibly a cortisone injection to kick start the process as my condition is so painful. Cost was £50 plus £3 for a bit of exercise kit, next appointment £45, hopefully money we’ll spent. Attached is like a flexible band to be used for exercise.

Going through the GP for NHS treatment would take considerably longer than the 4 days it’s taken me to get the process started privately.
Blimey, that was quick.

Looks like another Zuckerberg Meta project that band….

Blimey, that was quick.

Looks like another Zuckerberg Meta project that band….
You can buy of the internet, they’re sending me the exercises by email on Monday, if you’d like a copy I can email to you or post on here, cheers.

My knees, especially my left one, are pretty fucked from squatting.
Probably a 2/10 pain most of the time that increases to 6/10 when squatting but think it will continue to get worse. Have bought knee wraps, which do help a bit when going heavier.
Think I may need surgery - is that something that the NHS would do or woilild I have to go private?

I'd be fine if I stopped squatting but it's my favourite exercise and know if I stop that, I'll stop going to the gym altogether and get fat again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.