Arsenal 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching his interview with Oxford Student Union - he comes across really intelligently. Good to see footballers being able to speak beyond cliches and having interests outside of football. His accent is really weird though, like a Spanish Ali G. Sounds like his from Finsbury Park, not Barcelona.
Apart from the Arsenal TV part when he comes across as a condescending, thin skinned, precious hypocrite.

Who dresses in the dark at that.

Apart from the Arsenal TV part when he comes across as a condescending, thin skinned, precious hypocrite.

Who dresses in the dark at that.
Personally I thought he came across well. It was just good to see a young footballer whose natural tongue isn't English speaking confidently about issues other than football in a confident manner without retorting to cliches. I personally wouldn't dress like him, but 9/10 footballers dress poorly (IMO) - you only need to see how City dresses its players before CL games... I just can't imagine any English player speaking in Spanish at a top Spanish university for over 40 minutes on issues beyond football anytime soon. For that he deserves credit.

These fans they interview are the ones who pay his wages, right?
Tickets bring in minimal money to a football club. Ticket money for a game would probably cover match day running costs plus a bit of extra.

Personally I thought he came across well. It was just good to see a young footballer whose natural tongue isn't English speaking confidently about issues other than football in a confident manner without retorting to cliches. I personally wouldn't dress like him, but 9/10 footballers dress poorly (IMO) - you only need to see how City dresses its players before CL games... I just can't imagine any English player speaking in Spanish at a top Spanish university for over 40 minutes on issues beyond football anytime soon. For that he deserves credit.
I don't think you understand what 'apart' means.

If an English player had lived in Spain for six and a half years like Bellerin has in this country, I would hope that they, too, would be able to converse in Spanish (or Catalan) to a reasonably high standard.
I take your point, though,

New £200m sponsorship deal with emirates airlines.
A good opportunity for the self-righteous fans to protest to their club about receiving dirty middle-east oil money, and support from a company owned by a sovereign wealth fund.
Then again, maybe not.

Next time Arsene mentions oil money, I hope someone points out where their sponsorship money comes from!

Next time Arsene mentions oil money, I hope someone points out where their sponsorship money comes from!

Hypocrites like Wenger and Arsenal don’t let facts get in the way of their agenda. Arsenal lord it as the aristocrats of football but they owe their place in the top flight to backhanders and bungs. Despicable club with plenty of dirty laundry but seem to think they can look down on others. I hope we whip them on a Sunday. With Pawson in the middle however, I have my doubts.

If an English player had lived in Spain for six and a half years like Bellerin has in this country, I would hope that they, too, would be able to converse in Spanish (or Catalan) to a reasonably high standard.
I take your point, though,
Yeah, possibly. Bale has been in Madrid coming on 5 years and I don't think he speaks Spanish to a standard where he can speak to the press yet... Anyway, I hope we absolutely smash them on Sunday. My office is full of gooners and it would be nice to slap them at Wembley and shut Wenger up for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.