Arsenal 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand where youre coming from and i believe they handled it terribly but he is under contract still and they have every right to hold on to him

They have every right but they should have more respect for someone that has been so influential for them. Take him away and they don't win the FA cups. Take him away and they finish 10th last season.

Is that how you treat a player? I understand keeping him if the offer is 15-20m. Even he would understand but there is a huge offer on the table, it is extremely disrespectful to Alexis to not let him leave. They basically told him we'll sell you if a good offer comes along, they go back on their word last minute and say sorry we need a good offer AND a replacement to come in, shifting the goal posts and goIng back on their word, that's not how you treat one of your best players for years, sorry.

They have every right but they should have more respect for someone that has been so influential for them. Take him away and they don't win the FA cups. Take him away and they finish 10th last season.

Is that how you treat a player? I understand keeping him if the offer is 15-20m. Even he would understand but there is a huge offer on the table, it is extremely disrespectful to Alexis to not let him leave. They basically told him we'll sell you if a good offer comes along, they go back on their word last minute and say sorry we need a good offer AND a replacement to come in, shifting the goal posts and goIng back on their word, that's not how you treat one of your best players for years, sorry.

We'll probably learn more in the following days, fact is however:
1. Sanchez had already refused to renew contract, he wanted to leave.
2. City, Sanchez's preferred destination, was expected to show up with a good offer. They knew, because they had already rejected one (which was more than decent)...

All these were well known. A serious club is expected to take them under consideration and plan the following day without Sanchez. City will indeed make Arsenal an unbelievably generous offer for a 28yo player in the last year of his contract. Which they verbally accept, only to turn it down a few hours later because they don't have enough time to find a decent replacement? Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase!!!!!

We are talking about a joke of a club. A club that chooses to not protect its interests but clearly fuck Alexis (a model professional for them at the most sensitive timing of his carreer) and City instead. With all the negativity surrounding their fan base regarding lack of ambition, they felt they would be humiliated by losing their best player (again), appear like a selling club and all that. So they reject City's offer...

But this move will not solve any of their problems, on the contrary it will add more. As you say, it will hurt them short term as well as long term. Plus they have lost an opportunity to make a profit. An embarrassing situation, and they have only themselves to blame. The only people happy with this outcome are City's enemies -and that alone says a lot...

We'll probably learn more in the following days, fact is however:
1. Sanchez had already refused to renew contract, he wanted to leave.
2. City, Sanchez's preferred destination, was expected to show up with a good offer. They knew, because they had already rejected one (which was more than decent)...

All these were well known. A serious club is expected to take them under consideration and plan the following day without Sanchez. City will indeed make Arsenal an unbelievably generous offer for a 28yo player in the last year of his contract. Which they verbally accept, only to turn it down a few hours later because they don't have enough time to find a decent replacement? Pleeeeeeeaaaaaaase!!!!!

We are talking about a joke of a club. A club that chooses to not protect its interests but clearly fuck Alexis (a model professional for them at the most sensitive timing of his carreer) and City instead. With all the negativity surrounding their fan base regarding lack of ambition, they felt they would be humiliated by losing their best player (again), appear like a selling club and all that. So they reject City's offer...

But this move will not solve any of their problems, on the contrary it will add more. As you say, it will hurt them short term as well as long term. Plus they have lost an opportunity to make a profit. An embarrassing situation, and they have only themselves to blame. The only people happy with this outcome are City's enemies -and that alone says a lot...

They are a joke of a club and Wenger is a manger long past his expiration date.

Laughable they let Ozil and Sanchez run their contracts down. Throwing away £100m+ what kind of club does this? I thought Arsenal had some business sense but even that has faded.

Really looking forward to their demise. I don't know what I'd prefer to see: Wenger see out his contract or his face when he gets sacked.

If Lacazette has a good year we should try and unsettle him.

They are a joke of a club and Wenger is a manger long past his expiration date.

Laughable they let Ozil and Sanchez run their contracts down. Throwing away £100m+ what kind of club does this? I thought Arsenal had some business sense but even that has faded.

Really looking forward to their demise. I don't know what I'd prefer to see: Wenger see out his contract or his face when he gets sacked.

If Lacazette has a good year we should try and unsettle him.

- "I thought Arsenal had some business sense..." : Well I thought that too, but it seems other factors were more important in their decision making process...
- "...what kind of club does this?" : Since it's a move against their interests, could it be the kind of club that works for others? I don't want to adopt conspiracy theories, but we've seen a lot -and we'll see more, no doubt about that. City are clearly facing a war, nothing, I mean nothing would surprise me anymore...

- "I thought Arsenal had some business sense..." : Well I thought that too, but it seems other factors were more important in their decision making process...
- "...what kind of club does this?" : Since it's a move against their interests, could it be the kind of club that works for others? I don't want to adopt conspiracy theories, but we've seen a lot -and we'll see more, no doubt about that. City are clearly facing a war, nothing, I mean nothing would surprise me anymore...

I mean it's possible but unlikely. Arsenal have reached new levels of delusion this season. Wenger's line up against Liverpool was very strange. I would say there's more of a chance that Wenger is deliberately trying to leave the club in terrible postion so no future manager can out shine him.

He wants to say I kept Arsenal in the CL for 20 years now they can't even make top 4. He wants to say I delivered 3 FA cups in 4 years, now they can't even make the semi final and so on. Wenger is an ego maniac and this would not surprise me at all.

I mean it's possible but unlikely. Arsenal have reached new levels of delusion this season. Wenger's line up against Liverpool was very strange. I would say there's more of a chance that Wenger is deliberately trying to leave the club in terrible postion so no future manager can out shine him.

He wants to say I kept Arsenal in the CL for 20 years now they can't even make top 4. He wants to say I delivered 3 FA cups in 4 years, now they can't even make the semi final and so on. Wenger is an ego maniac and this would not surprise me at all.

Sad part about this is that he was great once. But he's lost contact with the realities of modern football. If he was aware of it, he would have quit long time time. So it's even sadder the fact that he himself has undermined his legacy. But anyway...

Sad part about this is that he was great once. But he's lost contact with the realities of modern football. If he was aware of it, he would have quit long time time. So it's even sadder the fact that he himself has undermined his legacy. But anyway...

Football managers careers, like politicians, always end in failure.
His FA cup wins have masked his downward trend, but it is there, and he will be landing back on earth with a splat very soon. I can't wait for his managerial demise :)

Lemar with his decision to reject Arsenal

DIkm6uVW4AAJEhX.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.