Arsenal (A) Post Match thread

I'm surprised people didn't think that was a great performance. I thought it was exceptional, particularly the first 30 minutes.

I thought it was a great game as well. Arsenal are no mugs and Aubameyang is a top class forward. Saka looked superb for them and was their main outlet. Tierney looked very good as well and gave Cancelo a good test. Whilst we won 1-0, both teams had chances and it could've finished 3-0 for us or 1-1. But these games are what title winning teams do - get the result, take some hammer for 10-15 minutes and ride the game out.

Stones and Dias were exceptional. Stones was elegant yet still dished out the beef to Aubameyang when he showed him the edge of the pitch. He won everything in the air, blocked and passed superbly. It goes without saying that Dias was exceptional - strong, won everything in the air, passed well and generally gives the team something that Kompany did, leadership. I can't praise this lad enough and to be honest, I kind of forgot who Arsenal had up front for a while.

Fernandinho was top class as ever in the midfield. I just wish he was 10 years younger! I did think though that the midfield of Foden/Rodri/Gundogan/Silva/Mahrez was better balanced than the one we had today. Gundo was quiet I thought compared to other weeks and I do think we miss Rodri's ability to pick the ball up and keep it. I totally get that we were saving legs for the CL game though, but it's just a thought.

Mahrez does my head in though. He offered next to no support defensively for Cancelo which is partly why he didn't have a great game. The only thing he did was set up the goal in the game we won 1-0. I just think he's the wrong player in our team - if he leaves he will be superb at PSG etc. I heard he has turned 30 as well so we're not likely to get a decent fee for him.

Am I the only one who'd amazed that Arsenal play that well (I've seen them before and they've looked decent) yet don't look anywhere near top 4 level?

Overall, a good performance, a decent game, good run out for Fern and KdB and as far as I know, no new injuries.

CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT CHAMPAGNE IN MAY!!!!

That was one of his most animated interviews I’ve seen for a while, lots of smiles and looks happy with life!

Quite right too.
Yup
I think he’s finally realised he’s now got the team he wants to win in Europe as well as in domestic competition.
He has built a team capable of a dynasty and I think he’ll stick around to reap the rewards for a while...

Notice how relax Pep was after we scored? He trusts everyone of those players he new we once we scored we will win the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.