Arsenal (A) - Post-Match Thread

The issue with VAR is before it was brought in every mistake was assumed to have been fixed if it was introduced. What has happened is that there is now just another layer of possible mistakes. Having watched the Arsenal VAR penalty, its really hard to say, looked to me like he got the ball, but he might not have, I don't know and isn't that the point if its not clear... The City penalty was pretty much as clear cut as it can get.... Bottom line City didn't break VAR it was already broken and I'm not even sure this was a good example of why it sucks..

The issue with VAR is before it was brought in every mistake was assumed to have been fixed if it was introduced. What has happened is that there is now just another layer of possible mistakes. Having watched the Arsenal VAR penalty, its really hard to say, looked to me like he got the ball, but he might not have, I don't know and isn't that the point if its not clear... The City penalty was pretty much as clear cut as it can get.... Bottom line City didn't break VAR it was already broken and I'm not even sure this was a good example of why it sucks..
It’s “broken” in the sense it’s not perfect 100%, but it’s still made things a lot better, with fewer errors overall. Each possible error decision might be scrutinised more in the media (esp in each weekend’s big games), but I think the number of errors will have gone down overall.

What did VAR get wrong ffs?? - BT Sport are by far the worst commentary team and they have some pretty stiff competition.
Looking forward to Pep's interview - hope he has some acid responses ready for the inevitable shit he will be asked.
Yeah but Keown keeps talking poetically about Kev’s paint brush feet. Other analogies about Partey being like a night watchman just after lunch.
He is an audible joy.

It’s “broken” in the sense it’s not perfect 100%, but it’s still made things a lot better, with fewer errors overall. Each possible error decision might be scrutinised more in the media (esp in each weekend’s big games), but I think the number of errors will have gone down overall.
I would agree that the number of errors have gone down, although I'm not sure it makes things better, watching games live without a clue whats going on is not something that should happen. It does however add another layer of possible errors and talking points the cynic in me would think, at least in part its to fill sports news minutes on TV!

Watched the video back of the Odegaard incident several times and it’s not a pen. Ederson connects with the ball without Odegaard standing on Ederson’s ankle

11 points clear. Liverpool, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Leicester away games all taken care of. Busiest part of the season over and done with. What a start of 2022 Blues! Some much needed rest coming our way now, we have looked tired recently but still gotten our points, fantastic. Pep and the boys have done amazingly well. Should take a lot not to lift a 4th trophy in 5 seasons, but one game at the time!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.