Arsenal announce redundancies and financial issues

If you can't sustain your overheads to the point where you have to make redundancies, even after personnel have taken a pay cut, then the financial model you're using isn't working and needs to be changed or curtailed. Unsustainability was meant to be at the heart of the so called 'FFP' regulations. This is hard proof why the scheme was, and and still is, massively flawed.

Moving away from 36K capacity Highbury into a 60K purpose built stadium, built on the back of a guaranteed, closed shop Champions League qualification year after year, ensuring teams like ours couldn't get a look in..

Being front and centre in collaborating with UEFA in pushing for sanctions against our club..

Signing letters and posting them to UEFA, insisting we are banned for 2 years, without having evidence to substantiate it but being arrogant enough to think that didn't matter.

All part of their masterplan to remove a direct competitor from the top 4 gravy train..

Congratulating and patting themselves on the back for a job well done in the process no doubt..

The shit we have had to cop for because greedy, selfish clubs like Arsenal thought it was their right to be sat at the top table, looking down their Wenger sized noses at the likes of our club..

I've lost count of the times I've heard and read about how Arsenals new stadium was going to be the catalyst for them to complete with the elite clubs around the globe.

Arsenal season tickets are amongst the most expensive in Europe, their match day revenues are second only to the rags..

Where's all the money gone..?

It's scandalous that on one hand they can make over 50 people redundant whilst on the other they are allowed to broker multi million pound transfer deals..

The Premier League should look into this and closely assess their owners to see if they actually meet the fit and proper guidelines..

The media should also do some investigating into how institutional clubs such as Arsenal appear to have money problems after completing two thirds of the season and reaping the financial rewards that were in place at the time prior to playing the remaining games behind closed doors..

I really hope us clearing our name and reputation with UEFA once and for all hasn't had anything to do with this, along with the dippers parting company with Mr Moore rather quickly..

It'll be such a shame if self righteous clubs such as Arsenal were about to get their comeuppance..!

Rob Harris: Pep, will City be making ppl redundant?
Pep: No, I take a bung from Mansour, saving the club wages which they will spend ensuring staff can be kept on.
Harris: But you can still pay a king's ransom for some unknown winger.
Pep: Yes, the most sought after young winger in Europe has chosen to come to Liddle Citeh and we had to pay a massive £20m to get him.
Sam Lee: Can you explain how City got away with ffp breaches?
Pep: Not in a way that you could understand.
Delooney: Do you take any responsibility for Arsenal's financial plight?
Pep: Yes, it's all our fault for pushing up transfer fees...see transfermarkt.
Delooney: I hate your cakes. (Dribbles).

Don’t like them as a club but have to feel they will not be the only ones doing this.

They must be a number of people at each club that are employed to keep the stadiums ticking over both on match days and at other times. What is the point now we fans are excluded for the foreseeable future?

Don’t like them as a club but have to feel they will not be the only ones doing this.

They must be a number of people at each club that are employed to keep the stadiums ticking over both on match days and at other times. What is the point now we fans are excluded for the foreseeable future?

I guess people are employed to keep the stadiums ticking over , but if those are made redundant would I be right in saying that job is gone for at least 12 months ? If fans were allowed back in 6 months how would those clubs reopen the stadium if their jobs were deemed redundant ?

It really doesn't sit right that staff can be made redundant but the club can still but new players you would have thought that would be against ffp rules.

Nobody is going to look into Arsenals accounts, and definitely not the Premier league. Everybody is shit scared at what might be discovered, and who it might implicate and not just at Arsenal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.