Arsenal AWAY Ticket Price (merged)

Re: Arsenal AWAY Ticket Details.

Josh Blue said:
WNRH said:
foley87 said:
I've made a banner for Sunday. Hopefully with the journos picking up on it so will the sky cameras

Oh dear, how embarrassing.

Not really, well done to him.

Fans are not making enough noise about cost of tickets probably because of misguided loyalty to the team but a banner shown on TV is a good start, not embarrassing at all.

Shirley said:
Josh Blue said:
WNRH said:

Fans are not making enough noise about cost of tickets probably because of misguided loyalty to the team but a banner shown on TV is a good start, not embarrassing at all.

I'd just suggest the banner makes the point that it's football in general that is over-priced (City included).
Not sure how easy it is to make a wider general point with a banner though!

The one Ajax had for us was great, something like that would be good as the media will be looking for anything we have and will show it.
No point it just being about Arsenal being robbing twats or similar, this issue is about football in general

WNRH said:
Josh Blue said:
WNRH said:

Yes well done to him paying £62 for a ticket and then making a banner saying how unhappy he is at paying £62.

I can imagine the Premier League boardroom's shaking with fear at homemade banners being shown on Sky Sports.
Its better than doing nothing. I'm refusing to pay it, and anything above £50 elsewhere. At least this we he supports the club and makes a protest.

Normally I would agree with WNRH but with the media attention this debate has been receiving this week I think it is the perfect time for a banner. I think the media will almost be expecting it and the more fuss kicked up the more likely something will happen. Having the media on side is very important in my opinion

cleavers said:
WNRH said:
Josh Blue said:

Yes well done to him paying £62 for a ticket and then making a banner saying how unhappy he is at paying £62.

I can imagine the Premier League boardroom's shaking with fear at homemade banners being shown on Sky Sports.
Its better than doing nothing. I'm refusing to pay it, and anything above £50 elsewhere. At least this we he supports the club and makes a protest.

It's really not, the men in the boardrooms already know fans don't like ticket prices but they also know that they will still continue to pay them. Unfurling a bed sheet saying we are not happy at prices will do nothing but gain a few inches in the newspaper.

The only thing that will make them take notice is empty seats, not stupid banners or green and gold scarves or marches down streets, it is all worthless.

Ask yourself what it will really achieve? Do United fans still wear green and gold? No they don't but they continue to go when prices have been raised since.

Will unfurling a banner or singing some songs mean we get cheaper tickets next season? No, so the "prostest" is stupid and pointless.

I like Rod Stewart but i'm not paying £70 to see him in June so i tell you what i will do, i will pay the £70 to see him then show him a banner saying he charges too much then the next time he comes to Manchester tickets will be £35.

If you want to pay £62 to see the blues at Arsenal or £70 to see Rod at the MEN then great, it's your money and your choice but don't embarrass yourself by making public protests about the prices you have been quite happy to pay in. It's ridiculous.

WNRH said:
cleavers said:
WNRH said:

It's really not, the men in the boardrooms already know fans don't like ticket prices but they also know that they will still continue to pay them. Unfurling a bed sheet saying we are not happy at prices will do nothing but gain a few inches in the newspaper.

The only thing that will make them take notice is empty seats, not stupid banners or green and gold scarves or marches down streets, it is all worthless.

Ask yourself what it will really achieve? Do United fans still wear green and gold? No they don't but they continue to go when prices have been raised since.

Will unfurling a banner or singing some songs mean we get cheaper tickets next season? No, so the "prostest" is stupid and pointless.

I like Rod Stewart but i'm not paying £70 to see him in June so i tell you what i will do, i will pay the £70 to see him then show him a banner saying he charges too much then the next time he comes to Manchester tickets will be £35.

If you want to pay £62 to see the blues at Arsenal or £70 to see Rod at the MEN then great, it's your money and your choice but don't embarrass yourself by making public protests about the prices you have been quite happy to pay in. It's ridiculous.

Regardless of the banner point, the fact I'm paying £62 to watch my team on Sunday doesn't mean I'm happy to do it.
I do it because I go to every game regardless and have done for over 25 years (and I'm now in the fortunate position to be able to afford it) and I'm sure after watching shite for the thick end of 30 years I'm not missing out now we're good.
But it doesn't make it right and doesn't mean that people paying it are happy about it and we are definitely entitled to complain about it.
But following City isn't like deciding to go to a concert/cinema or eating at a certain restaurant, it's (for me anyway) an awfully important part of my life so I sacrifice other things so I can afford it.

Tonster said:
WNRH said:
cleavers said:

Regardless of the banner point, the fact I'm paying £62 to watch my team on Sunday doesn't mean I'm happy to do it.
I do it because I go to every game regardless and have done for over 25 years (and I'm now in the fortunate position to be able to afford it) and I'm sure after watching shite for the thick end of 30 years I'm not missing out now we're good.
But it doesn't make it right and doesn't mean that people paying it are happy about it and we are definitely entitled to complain about it.
But following City isn't like deciding to go to a concert/cinema or eating at a certain restaurant, it's (for me anyway) an awfully important part of my life so I sacrifice other things so I can afford it.

Nail on the head

Think we made a big deal about this now the media have got wind and now we're being shown up a bit

We've had games this year at just £10 less including the mighty Southampton

Plus we've only took a small allocation to QPR

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.