Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Fair play to Arsenal, they deserved to win the game. We struggle when teams set up like that against us. They got their tactics spot on.

City have been very hit & miss this season. Tonight was a poor performance to add to the growing list. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result. It felt like that tonight at times, watching City continue to put poor crosses into Arsenal's box, which their defence easily dealt with. We move on.

Knowing City, we will probably go on and win the CL from Silva scoring from a header from an overhit Mendy cross!

I hope you do win the CL

Our problem is that we have too many passengers at the club.

Bravo - Is he even still at the club?
Otamendi - Knows he's leaving.
Stones - more interested in fucking around than his football.
Cancelo - Knows he's never getting ahead of Walker and can't be bothered to pretend he's competing.
Zinchenko - Not a left back, never played in midfield.

That's 1/4 of the bloody squad who don't actually do anything.

Then there's the players who just aren't performing -

Gundogan - the creative defensive midfielder who neither creates nor defends.
Mendy - He's trying his best but he's not finding consistency in defence and his crossing ability has evaporated.
Mahrez - More interested in himself than the team.
Bernardo - Playing like Nurse Ratchet shoved an ice pick up his nose.

And of course Aguero is in Capri recovering from injury.

All in all I think we have about 9 players who are giving 100% at the moment. And one of those is leaving the club in a few weeks and another is a 35 year old who is no longer either a defender or midfielder.

Fair play to Arsenal, they set themselves up perfectly. Luiz when there isnt space behind is a different player. Aubamayang is lethal.

City fell into the way it's been this season, sucked into playing aimless balls into the box. We really need to learn how to play when we've gone a goal down.

I hate to just have a go at Mendy but we need another option now. Injuries have taken their toll which is completely understandable. But where once his defensive frailties were off set by what he offered gping forward i'm afraid that just isn't the case anymore. A real shame for him but we need another option

What disappoints me is the league was lost months ago, but we've surrendered the fa cup without a fight, tonight we were leaderless, slow and lethargic, no energy , no guile, just ponderous, we should of had fire in our bellies, this was fucking arsenal, one of the main leaders of the hateful eight, we should of smashed them, but we were shit to a man.

Everyone was, I just don't think he was the extent of the problem.

The reality is the way to beat Pep has always been sit deep and defend as an organised unit and counter with pace, Liverpool and Leicester have done it too us numerous times, even utd did it too us with Rashfords pace.

Wouldn’t fancy facing Utd at the mo. Bit worried about Watford too, based on tonight’s performance!

No offence to the poster who is just a fan who wants the best for his team... but this is Arsenal... the instigators and the main club behind the hateful eight... how can you want them to win anything?

It wasn’t Arteta, or their players or their fans who wrote the letter.
I actually think the rags will win it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.