Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

We all know any decent team in Europe can easily see the template to beat us from that and other defeats this season.

All seem to be carbon copies.

Our best hope in the Champions League is getting Juventus, Barcelona/Bayern and PSG.

They will never play the way Arsenal just did against us, and they will go toe to toe and leave the space for us to attack.

Fair play to Arsenal, they set themselves up perfectly. Luiz when there isnt space behind is a different player. Aubamayang is lethal.

City fell into the way it's been this season, sucked into playing aimless balls into the box. We really need to learn how to play when we've gone a goal down.

I hate to just have a go at Mendy but we need another option now. Injuries have taken their toll which is completely understandable. But where once his defensive frailties were off set by what he offered gping forward i'm afraid that just isn't the case anymore. A real shame for him but we need another option

cant remember Mendys last effective game, not rated him since day one and just don’t think he’s a natural footballer which you have to be in a Pep team, or at least more than him, nothing against the bloke just my opinion of him as a player

On the last two showings, Madrid are going to wipe the floor with us.
Well, we weren’t playing that great before the first leg and i predicted we’d get pasted. Still, can’t say i’m confident, even with the lead and an away goal. An early goal for them and our shambles of a defence!!
The only plus is that RM will likely go toe-to-toe with us and that should play into our hands. We struggle against those that park the bus and i can’t see RM doing that as it’s not in their DNA.

We used to have silva conducting, fern holding and fast direct wingers going to the line. The amount of tap ins sterling and sane scored Was unreal combine this with full backs over laping and we took teams apart with 4-5 accurate passes. Can’t remember when we decided to change this but we need to get back to that direct team. We have replaced it with slow passing and 2-3 conductors all trying the same pass. We need pace and power on the wings to create the space for Kev to do his thing. Player positioning is all over the place at the min.

Our best hope in the Champions League is getting Juventus, Barcelona/Bayern and PSG.

They will never play the way Arsenal just did against us, and they will go toe to toe and leave the space for us to attack.
Have to get passed Real Madrid first. Let's be honest they'll fancy their chances turning this tie around. If anybody in Europe is capable of doing it it's them.

A baffling and bewildering performance.
After the CAS verdict I was expecting all guns blazing and a great attitude and desire.
Pep and the players looked downbeat, moody and beaten before we got on the pitch.
It was almost as if we lost the court case on monday.

Our problem is that we have too many passengers at the club.

Bravo - Is he even still at the club?
Otamendi - Knows he's leaving.
Stones - more interested in fucking around than his football.
Cancelo - Knows he's never getting ahead of Walker and can't be bothered to pretend he's competing.
Zinchenko - Not a left back, never played in midfield.

That's 1/4 of the bloody squad who don't actually do anything.

Then there's the players who just aren't performing -

Gundogan - the creative defensive midfielder who neither creates nor defends.
Mendy - He's trying his best but he's not finding consistency in defence and his crossing ability has evaporated.
Mahrez - More interested in himself than the team.
Bernardo - Playing like Nurse Ratchet shoved an ice pick up his nose.

And of course Aguero is in Capri recovering from injury.

All in all I think we have about 9 players who are giving 100% at the moment. And one of those is leaving the club in a few weeks and another is a 35 year old who is no longer either a defender or midfielder.

Sums it up pretty well.

Terrible squad management by the club as this can't be fixed in one summer window.

Will one summer window be enough to win the league or champs league? I have my doubts.

It's going to take 2 at least.

Sums it up pretty well.

Terrible squad management by the club as this can't be fixed in one summer window.

Will one summer window be enough to win the league or champs league? I have my doubts.

It's going to take 2 at least.

Bloody Hell, Theres some joy on here tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.