Arsenal (H) | Post Match Thread

The tactics were a masterclass by Pep. They expected a typical City performace based on spreading the ball wide and retaining possession. Thats what I thought would happen when KDB was bearing down on goal for his first - expected it to go wide to Grealish. Well done Pep. Plan B achieved.
Arteta outmastered by the master.
Has Pep now revealed a way to beat our press by bypassing Arsenal's so easily?

Some of our play was mesmerizing, how we sucked Arsenal up the pitch and played around them with our goalkeeper and defenders. The first goal came from one such passing move in defence, before Stones played it long or cleared his lines whichever way you want to look at it, when pressed by 3 Arsenal men. Great touch and lay off from Haaland and De Bruyne did the rest.
There was another time in the first half when i just said to myself - waow, Rodri was under pressure and nonchantly sprayed a thirty yard pass with his left foot right onto the foot of Walker.

Never got the view from some football fans that we are boring to watch. We are totally incredible.
Many hundreds of managers have tried to emulate Pep's style but no team quite plays football like his teams

We were incredible last night. Our games are boring when teams just defend and waste time from the first minute. The way we've blown away two of the best sides in the division 4-1 shows why they do it.

I've had the radio on in work today and getting text messages from mates regarding the game last night.

I can't believe how many people are taking the easy option and saying "Arsenal were shit last night" ect.

We can do that to any team on the planet! How we kept Arsenal at bay last night was sensational, Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli and Jesus you wouldn't even think they were on the pitch last night we nullified Arsenal completely.

The Rags treble winning side, Arsenal invincibles, Chelsea Maureen team ect I couldn't care less what they done, I'm also sick of hearing twats saying "You have to win the Champions League to go down as the best ever" FUCK OFF! Coming from the same morons who said "Messi needs to win the World Cup to be regarded as the best"...Jesus Christ!

This City team IS by far the best we've ever seen I England. We are UNBELIEVABLE!

I honestly cant believe i was worried about Akanji at lb, i think that is probably his best performance for City? Dare i say, i prefer him there!
Tactically we were amazing, but i also really don't understand what Arteta was trying to do? The amount of space in behind their back 4 was insane, allowing Haaland to play 1v1 against their cb's was just madness. What was interesting to me last night was actually how little Grealish and Bernardo actually touched the ball, that was on purpose. The retained width but were used to pull Arsenal open and that allowed space for KDB to exploit. Honestly insane masterclass from Pep.

I've had the radio on in work today and getting text messages from mates regarding the game last night.

I can't believe how many people are taking the easy option and saying "Arsenal were shit last night" ect.

We can do that to any team on the planet! How we kept Arsenal at bay last night was sensational, Odegaard, Saka, Martinelli and Jesus you wouldn't even think they were on the pitch last night we nullified Arsenal completely.

The Rags treble winning side, Arsenal invincibles, Chelsea Maureen team ect I couldn't care less what they done, I'm also sick of hearing twats saying "You have to win the Champions League to go down as the best ever" FUCK OFF! Coming from the same morons who said "Messi needs to win the World Cup to be regarded as the best"...Jesus Christ!

This City team IS by far the best we've ever seen I England. We are UNBELIEVABLE!
I'd love to win the treble this year and then go undefeated next season just to stop any of the nonsense about who's the best ever premier League side. But doing that would be fucking mental and is not going to happen

A couple of other things from last night.

Pep is a wind up mechant. A couple of weeks ago, Kyle was finished, can't play the system. He interchanged with John last night all game which means that he will probably play in Madrid. Couple that with the fact that not only can Manuel play left back, he can do it against a flying winger. These two things means we are more covered at the back than we thought, and maybe we won't sign a full back in the next window.

The other thing that struck me last night - I watched the CBS/NBC interview with Kev. At the end, I think it was Peter Dury, actually thanked Kev for his performance and how it was such a pleasure to watch him play every week. Gave me a warm glow - of course it could be early incontinence!
I’m getting my City tattoo done today and Peter Drurys comments against Villa are going on there;

“From catastrophe, cacophonic joy”

Sums Gillingham, Aguero, Villa and plenty of other moments following this wonderful club over the past 50 years.

City, it’s been a fucking privilege. Less win the lot this season! And if we won none of them we’ll still be following you everywhere!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.